Objective: Backup data on DVD media using Wavelab’s DVD-burning functions.
Background: Wavelab not only makes Red Book audio CDs and DVD-Audio discs, but can also provide data backup on either CD-R/RW or DVD±R/RW discs. You can even print labels from the program.
1. Go File > New > Data CD/DVD (or type Alt-F, N, T).
2. Make sure that “DVD Scale” is selected.
3. Drag the files you want to backup on top of the DVD icon in the lower left pane.
4. Click on the Burn icon, and when the disk label window appears, enter the backup’s name.
5. The disc writing window appears. I just use the defaults, but if you want to know what all the goodies are, consult the online Help and documentation. I do recommend checking “Verify destination media after write.”
6. Watch the “Writing disc” progress bar, and wait for media verification — when the disc pops out of the drive for the second time, it’s done.