Apple Logic Pro 8: Expand Logic Pro with Rewire-Compatible Synthesizers and Programs
By Craig Anderton | Fri,25 Jul 2008
- Assuming there’s an open Logic project, click on Track and select New.
- In the New Tracks dialog box select 1 track, External MIDI, and Open Library. Then, click on Create.
- Under the Library tab, your ReWire devices appear. Double-click on (in this example) Reason, or whatever ReWire device you want to use. The ReWire device will launch.
- Click on the Mixer tab, and under Options, select Create New Auxiliary Channel Strips.
- Specify the Format (stereo), Input, and Output. Under Input, select Reason and RW:Mix L/R to pick up Reason’s mixed output; then click on Create.
- Assuming the Mixer tab is still selected, you’ll see Reason’s output appear as a track.
- You can also bring individual instruments into tracks. Repeat steps 4 and 5, but this time select a different input, then click on Create. Here Reason output channels 3+4 are being selected, because Dr. REX has been patched into these outputs in Reason itself.
- A new track appears with the individual instrument. Keep repeating step 7 until you’ve assigned all desired instruments.
- Step 8 is a good time to rename your tracks. Assuming Track Name is selected under View, double-click on the track name and enter text into the text field.
- The ReWire-compatible program has to be opened after Logic Pro, and closed before Logic Pro.
comments powered by