With its ergonomically molded earpiece and unobtrusive one-inch boom, the BP893 offers inconspicuous placement along with clear, consistent voice pickup. Its extended frequency response provides natural sound reproduction, and its lightweight low-profile design and ease of use make the microphone ideal for use in theatrical performances, houses of worship and broadcast studios.
The BP893 is positioned unobtrusively over either ear. Its omnidirectional miniature condenser capsule offers outstanding pickup tailored for crystal-clear vocal reproduction, similar to that of a high-quality lavalier microphone. The mic is also ideal for use in violin pickup violinists should simply wear the BP893 over the ear as usual, and there is no need for clamps on the violin.
The microphone includes a 55-inch (1.4-meter) permanently attached miniature cable. Its free end connects to the provided AT8539 power module via a locking four-pin connector. The connector is also compatible with all A-T UniPak body-pack transmitters. The output of the power module is a three-pin XLRM-type connector.
The microphone requires 11V to 52V phantom power for operation. A recessed switch in the power module permits the choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via the integral 80-Hz high-pass UniSteep filter) to help control undesired ambient noise. The BP893 comes equipped with a power module, a cable clip, two windscreens, two element covers, a moisture guard, a belt clip and a protective carrying case. The microphone is available in both black and theater beige.
The microphone is also available in a variety of wireless models, including the BP893cW. The BP893cW includes a 55-inch (1.4-meter) permanently attached miniature cable terminated with a locking four-pin connector for use with Audio-Technica UniPak body-pack transmitters. Models are also available in a variety of terminations for use with many other manufacturers wireless systems (see below). No power module or belt clip is included (or required) with the wireless models. The wireless models dimensions, polar pattern and included accessories are otherwise identical to those of the BP893.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave (wired only)
- Open circuit sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 245 ohms (wired only)
- Maximum input sound level: 114 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 3% T.H.D.
- Dynamic range (typical): 88 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (wired only)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa*
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical (wired only)
- Current consumption: 0.1 mA typical at 5V (wireless only)
- Voltage range: 2.5-11V (wireless only)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (wired only)
- Weight: Microphone, boom & earpiece: 0.07 oz (2.0 g)
- Power module (wired only): 3.0 oz (85 g)
- Dimensions: Microphone: 0.32" (8.1 mm) long, 0.10" (2.6 mm) diameter
- Boom: 1.04" (26.4 mm) long, 0.04" (1.07 mm) diameter
- Power module (wired only): 3.84" (97.6 mm) long, 0.74" (18.9 mm) diameter
- Output connector (power module): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 55" (1.4 m) long (permanently attached to microphone),0.06" (1.6 mm) diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable with locking 4-pin connector (wired and cW versions only)
- Audio-Technica case style: M31
- Accessories furnished: AT8539 power module (wired only); AT8440 cable clip; two AT8157 windscreens; two AT8156 element covers; moisture guard; belt clip (wired only); carrying case
?Audio-Technicas BP893 and BP893-TH will be available in December 2010 at an MSRP of $479.
For more information, visit www.audio-technica.com.