WHAT: Sibelius® 7.5, the new version of the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software from Avid®, is now shipping. Sibelius 7.5 provides innovative new features that accelerate workflows, allowing composers to focus on the creative process and produce more compelling scores, more efficiently. These include:
- Accelerated navigation—The new Timeline window allows for a quick view of the entire structure of a score for faster editing and playback, no matter how large or complex the score; composers can jump immediately to any section by clicking on any bar in the timecode ruler or on any landmark
- More expressive playback—The fully redesigned Espressivo 2.0 feature delivers complete control over the customization of the rhythmic feel of any individual part of the score, plus improved notation interpretation adds more expressive and realistic feel, and can be customized for swing rhythms
- Improved notation interpretation—Sibelius playback has been greatly enhanced, providing better interpretation of notation distinctions such as tempo markings, metric emphasis, grace notes, mordents, caesuras, and breath marks; composers can now hear every nuance of their score played back in realistic detail, without having to hire an expensive orchestra
- Easy collaboration and sharing—Sibelius 7.5 enables enhanced collaboration and distribution of compositions through innovative score sharing and social media features; scores can be shared through email, uploaded and published as sheet music on ScoreExchange.com, or shared as video or audio files on YouTube, Facebook, and SoundCloud
- Full Scorch app integration—Sibelius scores can be exported directly to Avid Scorch® for iPad for fully interactive playback, practice, performance, and publishing; Sibelius automatically optimizes the score for iPad display, paying special consideration to page orientation, number of staves, margin sizes, and more
- Localized for Brazil and Russia—Sibelius 7.5 includes local language support for Russian and Brazilian Portuguese in addition to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese
WHO: Sibelius 7.5 gives composers, arrangers, music publishers, students, and educators even more ways to express, accelerate, and promote creativity than ever before. It continues to provide the fastest, smartest, easiest way for professionals and students to write music for live performance, film and television, and media entertainment. Flexible licensing for educational institutions and built-in classroom management features make it ideal for teaching music notation, composition and theory.
Jay Terrien, composer/arranger/music director/musician: “As a string arranger I want to hear the nuance of a live player and the new Expressivo features in Sibelius 7.5 offer me just that.”
Steve Blackie, composer/arranger/multi-instrumentalist: “Without Pro Tools and Sibelius I would never be able to be doing what I am doing and the new features in Sibelius 7.5 are pretty incredible. Being able to export to many different formats is going to make a lot of things much easier for people.”
Anastasia Devana, composer/musician: “Sibelius has features that help me orchestrate really fast. I create professional-looking scores and it even checks my mistakes.”
WHEN: Sibelius 7.5 is available worldwide from February 28, 2014.
WHERE: Sibelius 7.5 can be purchased from the Avid store or from local Avid resellers.
PRICING: Sibelius 7.5 (full version)—$599.95 USD, €486.56 exc. VAT, or £479.95 inc. VAT
Sibelius 7 to 7.5 upgrade download—$49.95 USD, €41.18 exc. VAT, or £39.95 inc. VAT
Sibelius 7 to 7.5 upgrade boxed version—$89.95 USD, €74.79 exc. VAT, or £69.95 inc. VAT
Sibelius Legacy upgrade (v6 and earlier)—$149.95 USD, €116.81 exc. VAT, or £119.95 inc. VAT
Sibelius competitive upgrade—$199.95 USD, €158.82 exc. VAT, £159.95 inc. VAT
Sibelius trade-up from Sibelius First—$399.95 USD, €318.49 exc. VAT, £319.95 inc. VAT
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com
, connect with Avid on Facebook
; or subscribe to Avid Blogs