BASSMAXX (www.bassmaxx.com), an industry leader in high-output subwoofers and audiophile-quality professional loudspeakers, is proud to announce the launch of its newest Profundo Series powered subwoofer. Scheduled to ship Sept. 1, the SSP115 is a sub-bass loudspeaker consisting of a single, long-excursion 15-inch low frequency driver in a vented enclosure, optimized for deep bass response in a small, lightweight, and manageable size, powered by a 3400W class D amplifier.
“This is a super-powered single 15-inch subwoofer, delivering greater depth and better sound quality than a lot of double 18-inch cabinets,” said David Lee, president and designer of BASSMAXX. “Putting so much power in a tiny box may sound impractical, but this is a very practical product. It fits in a hatchback car, can easily be carried up and down stairs, takes up precious little floor space, and yet is also able to hit hard and deep and fill big spaces with big bass. Using one SSP115 rather than two inferior boxes makes dollars and sense because with it you can deliver superior service with less effort, set-up, transport costs, and floor space. One person can move these, which is a huge advantage for the smaller company. Sometimes more or bigger boxes won’t even fit in the car, truck or even in the venue. The SSP115 is the solution when space is at a premium.”
The self-powered SSP115 includes a 3400W class D amplifier, the most output and power available in such a small box. It’s not just tremendously powerful, it’s a reliable, self-protected system with the built-in DSP already pre-set and all the system components power-matched and protected from damage. The result is a powerful, compact, reliable and consistent system that is super easy and quick to set-up and take down.
The cabinet is finished in black textured weatherproof polyurethane coating and the woofer’s cone is made from a waterproof fiber matrix. The top-mounted pole socket in the subwoofer provides for one of the AT-Series tops to be mounted on a straight speaker pole above the subwoofer.
The SSP115 is engineered to work hard and continue to work where others often fail. That’s why the BASSMAXX ‘Sound Defense’ warranty even covers failed drivers, including burned voice coils, for two years. If a voice coil, or anything else, fails within the warranty period, replacement parts will be provided without charge. With this kind of peace-of-mind, the SSP115 can confidently be pushed to levels and depths that would otherwise require many more or bigger cabinets.
“We design and manufacture every product to the highest standards and with great care taken over every detail so we sincerely believe that our customers will be thrilled with every purchase,” Lee added. “We work to ensure that every customer is completely satisfied, and if they’re not, for any reason, they may exchange their purchase for another model or the purchase price will be refunded. No hassles. Plain and simple.”
Additional specifications include:
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 38-180Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35-200Hz
- Sensitivity: 94 dB, 1W @ 1m 40-100 Hz) (2.83V into 8 ohms, half space)
- Maximum Sustained Output: 125dB SPL, 1m, 2pi, half-space (ground plane)
- Short-term Peak Output: 131 dB
- Nominal Dispersion (°H x °V): 360 x 360
- Enclosure Type: Helmholz resonator enclosure, optimally tuned for low frequency response with good sensitivity and high power handling
- Transducers: 1 x 15 inch diameter (380 mm) woofer with 4-inch (100mm) copper winding voice coil and 56mm peak to peak excursion; Waterproof fiber composite cone
- Cabinet Construction: 18mm Baltic Birch plywood; equipped with two handles, a pole socket and interlocking rubber feet
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 18in H x 27.5in W x 22.5in D (18.7in high with feet)
- Net Weight: 120 lbs; Shipping Weight: 125 lbs
- Exterior Finish: Weatherproof bonded polyurethane
- Grill: Perforated, powder-coated steel
- Compatible Top Boxes: BASSMAXX Attuned Tops Series
- Electrical Input Connector: Neutrik Powercon in and through
- Voltage Operating Range: 90-250V; auto-sensing, auto switching universal supply
- Current Draw, Nominal: 3A @ 1/8 power
- Current Draw, Peak: 31A
- Signal Input Connector: XLR-F
- Signal Output Connector: XLR-M pass-through only
- DSP: Comprehensive
For more information on BASSMAXX products and services, please call 713-397-4466, or visit www.BASSMAXX.com.