The B12A MKII preamp is now available in a single-channel 500 series module
Black Lion Audio
(BLA), an acclaimed manufacturer of professional audio signal processing, converters and other essential audio tools, has released the B12A MKII 500, an API®-style single-channel microphone preamp like its popular B12A MKII one-half-rack unit, but in the convenient and flexible 500 series format.
BLA’s BK12 design developed a solid reputation for providing a classic API American rock sound. The MKII version features an upgraded input transformer from CineMag, higher gain, and lower noise than the original B12A. It also features an output transformer, a Hi-Z input, phantom power, pad, polarity reverse and 70 dB of available gain.
“The original B12A is very popular, but we were continually being asked by customers to modify them for more gain,” commented Nate Bierdeman, Black Lion Audio CEO. “So we created the MKII with higher gain and lower noise. This revision also gave us the opportunity to integrate a nicer input transformer, and has resulted in an incredible-sounding preamp with lots of API-style gain. Now it’s available in the popular 500 series format.” BK12A MKII Features:
BK12A MKII Specs: Mic Section
- 500 Series format (lunchbox®/powered rack required)
- CineMag Input Transformer
- Edcor Output Transforme
- 70 dB Maximum Gain
- Hi-Z Input (passive, unbalanced)
- Phantom Power
- -18 dB Pad
- Polarity Reverse Switch
- Max Microphone Input Level: +1 dBu
- Input Impedance: 200 Ω
- Pad: -18 dB
- Gain (no pad): +26 dB to +70 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -120 dB
- THD+N (@ +4 dBu output): 0.010% @ +22 dBu gain; 0.010% @ +36 dBu gain; 0.041% @ +56 dBu gain; 0.122% @ +66 dBu gain
- Bandwidth (1 kHz, 150Ω source, unweighted): 10 Hz to 30 kHz
- Max D.I. Input Level: +18 dBu
- Input Impedance: 500 kΩ
- Pad: none
- Gain: +10 dB to +53 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -94 dB
- THD+N (@ +4dBu output): 0.009% @ +10 dB gain; 0.115% @ +36 dB gain
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 600Ω unbalanced source, unweighted): 10 Hz to 30 kHz
- Max Output Level: +28 dBu
- Output Impedance: 600Ω
- +/-15 VDC (lunchbox® supply)
The B12A MKII 500 is available at Black Lion Audio dealers worldwide immediately for a U.S. MAP of $599. For more information on the complete range of Black Lion Audio products, visit www.blacklionaudio.com.
® Registered trademarks belong to Automated Processes, Inc.