Electro-Voice Introduces ETX Powered Loudspeakers to the pro AV marketplace at InfoComm 2014
Introduced to the pro AV marketplace at InfoComm 2014 (booth C9708), the new ETX Powered Loudspeaker family builds upon the industry-leading innovation and 85-year heritage of Electro-Voice audio engineering to offer the most advanced professional powered loudspeakers available today for both portable and installed applications.
- The next generation of professional powered loudspeakers from Electro-Voice, designed for portable and installed applications
- A BREAKthrough combination of intelligent technology and innovative design delivers superior power and performance
- Unique features include a single-knob DSP interface with LCD, FIR-Drive performance optimization, and Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design
A versatile choice for live entertainment venues, houses of worship, and rental companies, the ETX Powered Loudspeaker family features technologies from EV concert/touring systems. EV-engineered high-efficiency transducers and high-powered Class-D amplifiers, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, and FIR-Drive DSP all work together to provide excellent sound quality and precise coverage at the highest SPLs.
Three two-way models (10-inch, 12-inch, and 15-inch, all with a precision HF titanium compression driver), a three-way model (15-inch with a 6.5-inch MF driver and a precision HF titanium compression driver), and two subs (15-inch and 18-inch drivers) are available.
Intelligent technology, innovative design
• EV’s FIR-Drive utilizes the latest Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter technology to optimize transducer linearity. Advanced limiter algorithms for independent peak and thermal transducer protection.
• Complete full-function DSP control via a single-knob interface. LCD screen for easy system set-up and monitoring: location/application EQ presets (e.g. tripod, mounted, suspended, live, music, speech), limiter status, input level controls/meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure. Parametric EQ allows for more precise configuration. Subs feature a preset for true cardioid performance.
• EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage across all system configurations. Waveguides are custom-designed and optimized per model.
Superior power and performance
• State-of-the-art components deliver the legendary EV sound quality and reliability the pros trust: 1800 W (subs) and 2000 W (full-range) Class-D power amplifiers with integrated DSP produce high SPLs utilizing high-sensitivity, low-distortion transducers (including DVX and SMX series woofers and precision DH3-B HF titanium compression drivers).
• Ergonomic, durable, and compact 18-mm, 13-ply birch plywood enclosure finished with EVCoat. Eight mounting points for permanent installations (full-range models). Custom die-cast aluminum pole cups, handles and hardware.
Designed, engineered, tested and assembled for ultimate reliability by Electro-Voice in the USA.