New York, September 20, 2017
– Heavyocity has partnered with Icebreaker Audio to release Calc-U-Synth, a vintage lo-fi synth inspired by the Casio VL-Tone. Calc-U-Synth
liberates this classic digital calculator/synthesizer hybrid from that dusty spot under your parent's bed to Reaktor & Reaktor Player. Grab all of the digital retro goodness of the original "band in your hand" with this faithful reproduction. Calculator sold separately.
"Calc-U-Synth was designed to present the full capabilities of the original’s programmable features in a more convenient interface,” says Icebreaker Audio Founder Adam Hanley. “We took great care in measuring and reproducing every aspect of the original accurately. Features like the built-in speaker and the key-click sounds of playing the instrument were sampled and included, to retain the character of the instrument.”
Calc-U-Synth, like the original, can be run in one of two main modes: calculator or synthesizer. The synthesizer is a monophonic instrument that has 5 preset sounds as well as a user programmable 6th slot called ADSR. The sound was then expanded beyond the VL-Tone, featuring over 70 customized presets, and using a number of effects and performance options including an arpeggiator, circuit-bending glitch controls, and a filter & delay effect module. Calc-U-Synth was developed using the Reaktor Blocks framework, which means that owners of the full version of Reaktor can incorporate the 9 individual blocks into their own creations.
Powered by Native Instruments’ Reaktor & Reaktor Player version 6.2, Calc-U-Synth offers all playback and sound shaping functionality through Reaktor & Reaktor Player version 6.2 (or later).
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Official Introduction: September 20, 2017
MSRP: Calc-U-Synth - $29 USD
Limited time offer: Calc-U-Synth
- $19 USD
Offer ends September 28, 2017
- Requires Reaktor or Reaktor Player (version 6.2 or later)
- Size: 19.5 MB (on disk)
- Available as direct download only
- 74 Snapshots
- 9 Reaktor Blocks for Reaktor Full users
- Powered by the Reaktor Engine
- Reaktor or Reaktor Player (version 6.2 or later) required.
- Minimum System Requirements- Mac: OS X 10.10, 10.11 or macOS 10.12 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo; PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
ABOUT HEAVYOCITY MEDIA
Heavyocity Media is a New York City developer of leading virtual instruments and effects for computer-based music production, composition and sound design. Heavyocity’s award-winning products push the boundaries of creativity, providing new and unique tools for professional composers and producers.