After two years of extensive research and development that included collaboration with some of the world's most notable DJ's, the d.2 combines Mackie technologies and premium analog VCA circuitry with some new ideas.
Among the most notable innovations is the Mackie d.2's optional FireWire connectivity, which allows DJs to easily mix in mp3s directly from a laptop, or even record their sets directly into their computers. The optional FireWire card provides two stereo program channels into the mixer, as well as a single stereo output. In addition, every d.2 FireWire card ships with a copy of Mackie's easy-to-use music production software Tracktion, which is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh systems.
Also an industry first is the inclusion of a new contact-free, 45 mm digital cross fader from UK-based Infinium Technologies. In addition to lasting for an exceptionally long time, the contact-free crossfader provides DJs with unparalleled fingertip control, as well as the ability to personalize its "feel" with user-adjustable tension and cut-off points.
Other notable d.2 features include:
For more information, visit their web site at www.mackie.com.
- Premium Mackie-designed mic and turntable preamps
- XLR main outs with mic/line switch for easy stage integration (no D.I.s needed)
- Program and crossfader reverse switches and contour control knobs
- 3-band EQ per channel with dramatic cut filters and distinctive blue backlit knobs
- Two stereo program channels with CD, Phono/Line, and FireWire input select
- 3-position spring-loaded Transform switch with latching mode
- Flexible effects routing variable EFX send control
- Neutrik combo jack for XLR and 1/4-inch microphone connections
- Planet Earth power supply--no need for power converters wherever your gig takes you