1. Insert a blank, recordable CD into your recordable CD drive, then double-click on “My Computer.”
2. Double-click on the CD drive icon.
3. A blank window opens up, indicating that there’s nothing on the CD. Right-click in the blank space, and select Properties.
4. Click on the recording tab, make sure that “Enable CD recording on this drive” is checked, then select the desired write speed.
5. Select the files you want to back up, and drag them over to the CD-R drive window. Release the mouse button, and a window opens that indicates the copy progress.
6. Go to the File menu, and select “Write These Files to CD.”
7. Follow the Wizard to complete the process.