"Light" Version of SFXEngine Released
April 26, 2005
SFXEngine is a modular sound creation tool for Windows. The software uses custom audio plug-ins called Engines to create sounds from scratch, or process existing sounds. Once contained in a project, sound effects can be batch rendered from the 32-bit internal resolution down to 16-bit stereo or mono wav files in a variety of bitrates.
The "Pro" version of SFXEngine adds sample engines. The Light version can be upgraded to the Pro version.
- Custom designed audio plug-ins including four types of reverb
- High Pass, Low Pass (x2), Band Pass, Band Exclude, High Shelf, Low Shelf and Peaking filters
- Graphical envelopes for every parameter
- 32-Bit internal processing, with up to 8x oversampling and anti-alias filters
- Twelve sequential audio Engines per sound
- Render stereo or mono 16-bit wav files in 11025, 22050 or 44100hz
- Auto trimming rendered output
- Effects include Oscillator Sync for that classic 80's synthesizer sound, and Tuned Flange for robotic vocal processing
For more information, visit their web site at www.cornutopia.net.