The open house will feature live performances by the winner of our Next Level competition and other artists from IARrecords, with complimentary copies of our compilation CD. Apple Computer, an event partner, will run a brief overview of GarageBand in an IAR iMac G-5 computer lab. In addition, IAR faculty will conduct many other demos in classrooms and labs, with some hands on exposure. Here is the planned line-up:
Visitors may drop in on demos as they wish and meet with IAR admissions, financial aid, course development and career placement staff.
- Live performances by IAR’s Next Level Competition winner and other performers.
- A live studio session in IAR’s recording complex.
- Creation of special effects for the soundtrack of the SYRIANA movie trailer (audio post-production demo).
- A demonstration of on-the-spot acoustic mixing.
- Hands-on mixing on a DAW (digital audio workstation).
- A turntables mixing session.
- Workshops demonstrating Pro Tools, MIDI, mixing, remixing and other digital audio techniques.
There will be a raffle of a number of attractive gifts provided by our event partners, with the winners to be notified shortly after the Open House.
Event Partners: Apple Computer, HOT 97 Radio, Music Player Network, St. John’s University.
For more information, or for directions, visit audioschool.com.