Scotts Valley, CA, May 16, 2017 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.2, featuring the new UA-developed SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection and Pure Plate Reverb.
Fully endorsed by Solid State Logic, Universal Audio has introduced the SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — an expert end-to-end circuit emulation of the compressor that is integral to the hit-making SSL sound. The G Bus Compressor is legend for making mixes bigger, more powerful, and punchy, all the while enhancing cohesion and clarity.
Embarking on a ground-up re-design of the original SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in, UA’s team of engineers meticulously modeled every nuance of the in-console and FX G384 rackmount specimens, including their unique CV (control voltage) summing. By capturing all of its circuit behaviors, the new SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in offers the same punchy, transparent glue, and ultra-accurate stereo image of the original hit-making hardware.
*$149 upgrade price from SSL G Bus Compressor Legacy plug-in.
SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection Key Features:
• An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of SSL’s iconic bus compressor exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
• Specially tailored dynamic characteristics ideal for compressing full mix or subgroups
• Signature SSL G Bus features include fixed range Attack and Release including program-dependent "Auto" release, and Auto Fade
• Plug-in exclusive features include SC Filter, Dry/Wet parallel processing and Headroom for user-customizable operating level
• Artist presets from Just Blaze (Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar), Peter Mokran(The Flaming Lips, Mary J. Blige), Ian Boxill (Prince, Tupac), and more
• DSP-lite SSL G Bus Compressor Legacy plug-in included
The Pure Plate Reverb plug-in ($149) provides UA's revolutionary plate reverb emulation in a simple, affordable package — with all of the essential features.
Engineered by the modeling experts at Universal Audio to be a no-compromise solution of this classic effect, Pure Plate Reverb captures all of the sonic and mechanical nuances of the steel plate, transducers, and dampers that have flattered iconic recordings for over half a century.
Pure Plate Reverb Plug-In Key Features:
• Easily provides the warm, lush sound of mechanical plate reverb used on records from the ’50s to today
• Simple control set for intuitive tone shaping
• Low frequency input filtering, Pre Delay, Decay, Bass and Treble Tone controls, Balance, and Dry/Wet mix
• Artist presets from Patrick Carney (The Black Keys), Richard Chycki (Rush, Dream Theater) Chuck Zwicky (Prince, The Time) and more
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”