CUBE 2 is a musical instrument and tool for sound designers who wish to have instant access to all principal components sounds are built from. Every sound can be decomposed in a sine spectrum representing the harmonic and inharmonic partials and a residual noise spectrum for the noise components. The spatial character of a sound can be represented by a pan spectrum. The temporal evolution of these three spectra is a very convenient way to describe every sound. CUBE 2 is built around this model and allows you to manipulate the structure of a sound with all its components in a comfortable and musical way.
The main new feature of CUBE 2 is the ability to manipulate the analyzed sound spectra in a variety of musically useful ways: Imagine for example drawing a comb filter structure freely into the spectrum. And you can do this not only in the sine spectrum, but also with the residual noise spectrum and the stereo panning. The analyzer of CUBE 2 improved a lot and allows now specialized algorithms for different types of sounds. This includes harmonic / inharmonic and noisy sound types. The new residual noise generator of CUBE 2 allows you to create evolving noise spectra in a way which wasn't possible before.
Some of the new features of CUBE 2 include:
- Improved Spectral analyzer with selectable algorithms optimized for different sound types
- 600 ready to use presets
- Graphical editor for direct manipulation of the spectral and spatial structure of the sound
- Improved morphing algorithm
- Residual noise generator
- Volume envelope now independent from the Morph envelopes
- Switch off morph envelopes for manual morph control
- Modulation range for morph modulation added
- New modulation sources "Breath" and "Expression"
- Editor for MIDI assignment of user interface controllers
- Legato mode for monophonic sounds
- Reset function for source edits and resynth sources
For more information, visit their web site at www.virsyn.com.
- Mac G4 > 400 Mhz
- PC Pentium III > 600 Mhz
- Athlon XP/MP
- 256 MB RAM
- Mac OX 10.2 / WinXP