Two New Scarlett OctoPres make adding inputs easy.
Scarlett OctoPre provides eight Scarlett mic pres with up to 192kHz conversion and ADAT connectivity; Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic adds analogue compression and 8-channel D-A conversion.
Have you reached the point where you simply don't have enough inputs? Maybe you want to record the whole band. Perhaps you're a drummer and you need to record your kit, or you simply want to leave all your inputs connected all the time for when inspiration strikes. Whatever the reason, the new Scarlett Octopres could be the answer.
With eight channels of Focusrite's 2nd generation Scarlett preamps and built-in Focusrite precision 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, the Scarlett OctoPres present an ideal way of adding eight extra mic/line inputs to a DAW or digital console. And there are eight analogue line outputs too, perfect for stand alone use in a live sound environment.
Two Scarlett OctoPres are being released: the Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic adds analogue compression and D/A conversion to the standard Scarlett OctoPre described above.
The preamps feed precision 24-bit Focusrite A-D converters that operate up to 192kHz sampling with 109dB dynamic range, making the Octopres ideal for hi-res audio recording. Dual ADAT ports enable eight channels to be used at sample rates up to 96kHz, while four channels can be transferred at 176.4/192kHz sampling. The Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic model adds eight channels of 24/192kHz D-A conversion too, with 108dB dynamic range, fed from dual ADAT inputs. A button switches the eight line outputs to be sourced from the ADAT inputs, via the D-A.
The eight 2nd generation Scarlett preamps, with newly-designed high-headroom instrument inputs, will take everything that a band can throw at them. Both OctoPres provide phantom power throughout and accurate 5 segment LED metering. The OctoPre offers a pad on every channel and front panel, high headroom instrument inputs. The OctoPre Dynamic comes with optimised headroom, capable of handling the same input levels as the standard OctoPre, plus analogue, soft-knee compression on every channel for natural and transparent control of dynamics, right up to more aggressive compression effects.
Scarlett OctoPre and Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic are ideal for expanding any high quality, multi-channel recording system. With their high-headroom mic, line and dual instrument inputs, they're perfect for tracking drums as well as guitars, keyboards, vocals - and more.
*Often overlooked, ADAT I/O is a simple and easy way of bringing extra channels such as mic preamps into your system, with its affordable optical connectivity carrying up to eight channels of audio, and it's available on many interfaces and consoles.
Key Features - common to both products
- Record with Scarlett mic pres: Eight natural-sounding 2nd generation Scarlett mic pres with mic/line inputs - including two instrument inputs - delivering plenty of gain, low noise and low distortion for studio quality recordings.
- Focusrite precision A-D conversion: 109dB dynamic range precision Focusrite A-D conversion you can rely on.
- High-resolution audio: Supports 24-bit A-D conversion at sample rates up to 192kHz.
- Plug straight in: Two of the mic pres feature high headroom instrument inputs, with plenty of headroom to handle even seriously hot pick-ups without clipping or unwanted distortion.
- Great for drums: Preamps are optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drum and snare.
- Eight line outputs: Perfect for live work - feed the line outputs into a live console while you record the digital outputs.
- Accurate metering and level control: Five-segment metering on every channel plus new generation gain controls for more accurate level settings.
- Simple ADAT connectivity: Connect Scarlett Octopre instantly via optical cables to any audio interface with ADAT inputs. Dual ADAT ports support eight channels of mic, line or instrument sources at up to 96 kHz and four channels at 176.4/192 kHz.
- 48V Phantom power: Just what you need for condenser mics - phantom power is available on every channel.
- State-of-the-art digital clocking: Word Clock I/O for full integration with digital systems. Industry-standard JetPLL™ jitter elimination for rock solid, super-stable clocking performance.
Additional Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic Features
- Eight channels of D-A: 109 dB dynamic range Focusrite precision 24-bit D-A conversion
- Analogue compression on every channel: Keep your inputs under control with this easy-to use, all-analogue, single-control 'soft-knee' compression system for a tighter sound. Natural and transparent in operation, you can also press the "More" button to double the ratio and use it as "compression with effect".