iConnectivity has announced PlayAudio12, an audio and MIDI interface designed specifically for live musicians. PlayAudio12 ($499 street) promises bullet-proof, fail-proof solution for control and playback of backing tracks, virtual instruments, and MIDI devices.
Imagine never worrying about your computer playback failing again. Imagine seamless failover protection of audio and MIDI. Imagine a live show where you can stop worrying and concentrate on your performance. The PlayAudio12
want to make those daydreams come true with its 10 assignable balanced outputs, dedicated stereo headphone cue and integrated MIDI over USB and Ethernet connections.
No performer wants to suffer the embarrassment of a silent show. iConnectivity took live musicians’ suggestions and combined its team's knowledge of the stage, passion for performance, and decades of engineering to create a unique and innovative interface.
Besides just multichannel audio and MIDI, the PlayAudio12 forms the backbone of a simple, affordable, live playback failover system. It can connect two computers via the PlayAudio12 front panel, to form a synchronized redundancy rig. No other hardware is required.
Should your main computer fail, PlayAudio12 switches to the backup computer — so fast that you and your audience shouldn’t even notice. Backing tracks keep playing in time, and your MIDI gear stays connected.
PlayAudio12 also ships with the brand new control software, Auracle. Fast, easy, and intuitive, Auracle lets you make fast, easy connections of all audio and MIDI inputs and outputs, and to create sophisticated live systems in minutes, not hours.
"We’re proud to be the first company to provide an integrated failover system for performers,” says Al Joelson, VP of Sales and Marketing. "This is a unique interface, offering compact & simple failover protection for the live performance arena - an area that until now has been overlooked."
PlayAudio12 Top Features:
• 10x 1/4” TRS balanced audio outputs for low noise connections on any stage
• 1x 1/4” TRS stereo headphone output for convenient headphone monitoring
• 2x USB ‘B' ports for connection of up to 2 computers simultaneously
• Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning fast switching between connected computers
• USB-MIDI Host Port supports a USB-MIDI Class-Compliant device (add a USB hub and connect up to eight USB-MIDI devices)
• 4-port Ethernet MIDI for rugged long-distance MIDI connections
• 12 MIDI ports, 16 channels per port
• iConnectivity’s new Auracle software (download for Mac/Windows) makes it simple to create and save your audio and MIDI routing and mixer presets.
• Capacitive touch control with clear metering for dark stages.
• Easy, software-less control over PlayAudio12’s key features from the front panel
• 2-button Control In footswitch input allows manual computer switching and/or user-assignable controls
• Control Out connection for slaving additional PlayAudio12 units
• Studio sound quality for the live arena - up to 24-bit/96kHz DA conversion.
• USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-compliant
will be available for pre-order immediately for a ship date of before the end of October, 2017 with an estimated street price of $499.99 and will be available at iConnectivity resellers worldwide.