September 7, 2017
– Native Instruments today announces the next generation of Maschine and Komplete Kontrol
hardware. Unified by an all-new industrial design, both units have been re-engineered to inspire and enable nonstop creativity, boasting more intuitive workflows, optimized layouts, vivid visual feedback, and deeper studio integration.
($599) delivers the best ever workflow for quickly sketching and capturing ideas. It adds two high-resolution color screens for easier sound browsing, editing, sample-slicing, and more. The new hardware also features more dedicated function buttons and larger, more responsive pads that retain the same ergonomic layout users know and love. For enhanced convenience and portability, Maschine now features a built-in 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface.
“We’ve learned from artists and our users that the biggest challenge in creative work isn’t one of getting started, but of keeping going,” said Maschine Product Owner Chris La Pietra. “We developed these new products in tandem to address this problem: Beyond sparking inspiration, they fuel the whole creative process – they help users get in the zone and stay there. They feel great, they integrate with existing setups, and they make music production as fun, intuitive, and hands-on as possible.”
Pricing and Availability
The new Maschine Mk3 will be available at the NI Online Shop and retailers from October 5, 2017 is available to pre-order now at the NI Online Shop. Pricing remains the same as the previous versions in all markets:
: EUR 599, USD 599
About Maschine Mk3
The next generation of Maschine hardware lets you effortlessly produce beats, melodies, and harmonies with powerful drum synths, premium sounds, an integrated sampler, and more – cutting-edge software meets intuitive hardware for an ultra-smooth workflow.
• Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
• 8 GB Maschine library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
• Includes 25 GB Komplete 11 Select library
• 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb, and compressor
• 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
• 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
• Pro-grade, 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out, and 1 x Footswitch
• Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
• Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
• Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, and adjusting levels and balance
• Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit
• Seamless integration with Komplete
• Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP-1200 sampling emulation
• Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in, with full multi-core support
About Native Kontrol Standard
Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) is Native Instruments’ extended plug-in format for all virtual instrument developers. NKS allows for intuitive and seamless interaction between plug-in instruments and Komplete Kontrol and Maschine hardware. With NKS, support for powerful features like tag-based browsing, Light Guide feedback, and pre-mapped controls extends to hundreds of instruments from 40+ leading plug-in manufacturers.
More information about NKS
A full list of NKS-ready plug-ins
About Native Instruments
Native Instruments is a leading manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based music production and DJing. The company’s mission is to develop innovative, fully integrated solutions for all professions, styles and genres. The resulting products regularly push technological boundaries and open up new creative horizons for professionals and amateurs alike.
Native Instruments opened up the fascinating world of real-time sound synthesis on standard computers in 1996, and today offers an extensive product range for musicians, producers and DJs. The company currently employs more than 400 people in its six offices in Berlin, Los Angeles, Tokyo, London, Paris, and Shenzhen and works closely with more than 40 international distribution partners to ensure its future growth and success.