ADOBE AUDITION 1.5
1. Select Edit Waveform View.
2. Load a short percussive file (timbale, clave, etc.). Select it as a region; this becomes a quarter note that will be used as the basis of the music.
3. Click on the Effects tab, open the Special menu, and double-click on Music.
4. Drag notes onto the staff to create the phrase you want.
5. Specify other variables as desired (Tempo, Transposition, etc.).
6. Click the Listen button, which previews the melody using a default MIDI sound.
7. Click on OK, and the single hit is rendered as the melodic line you created.