IAR's Summer Tour 2005 Open House
Visitors will see different demos that will be taking place all over the school, including:
- Turntable scratching led by special guest DJ ENUFF of Hot 97
- A remote recording demo of live vocalists performing in a club setting (NEW!)
- An audio post-production demo creating a movie trailer soundtrack
- A GarageBand demo in an IAR computer lab, presented by Apple Computer
- A visitors' hands-on mixing experience with Yamaha DAWs (digital audio workstations)
- Digital recording/remixing demos using Pro Tools, MIDI technology, and live instruments
Guests will also have the opportunity to speak with school admissions, career placement, financial aid, course development and other representatives, as well as the many faculty members who will be leading demos. Representatives from St. John's will be available to discuss the opportunity to receive a full year's academic credit towards a Bachelor's degree at St. John's for fulfilling the requirements for an IAR diploma. Representatives from the other co-sponsoring organizations will also be available to chat.
IAR Open Houses have always been a wonderful combination of entertainment and education, creating an exciting and informative opportunity to see the school and consider enrolling. Visitors may drop in on demos as they wish, and meet with IAR admissions, financial aid, course development and career placement staff. Event partners will have a presence, with information, special offers, etc. at their display tables.
St. John's University will be present to explain the opportunity for IAR graduates to pursue a 4-year bachelor's degree, with a year's academic credit for having successfully completed IAR.
This event is open to the public, and especially to anyone who is considering attending IAR. Reservations are required, and you can register by calling 212-777-8550.
For more information, including directions, visit www.audioschool.com.