Eventide Factor-series stompboxes have the
ability to generate MIDI Clock. That means
that you can use your Eventide stompbox as
a Master Tempo source for anything in your
MIDI chain, including drum machines,
sequencers, and other Eventide stompboxes.
To enable MIDI Clock Transmit:
1. Enter System Mode by pressing and
holding both the Right Footswitch and
the Encoder Knob.
2. Turn the Encoder Knob until you
3. Press the Encoder Button to enter the
4. Turn the Encoder Knob until you see
5. Press the Encoder Button and turn the
Encoder Knob so the display says “ON.”
6. Exit System Mode by Pressing and holding
the Right Footswitch and Encoder Button.
Now when you Tap Tempo or load a preset
with a different Tempo, the Eventide stompbox
will send the updated Tempo as MIDI
Clock to its MIDI Out Port, and you can set
the receiving device connected to lock to
that incoming Tempo.
Thanks to Ray Maxwell at Eventide for sending
in this month’s tip. For another tip
(enabling MIDI Clock Sync to slave an
Eventide stompbox to an incoming MIDI
clock), go to eqmag.com.