This section of Electronic Musician, "The Wire," contains original press releases that reflect the views of the industry organizations issuing them. Releases are not reviewed or edited by Electronic Musician editorial staff. Suppliers, The Wire is "A Virtual Press Conference." For access, email your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
iZotope Presents 10 Tips from an RX Pro with Mike Thornton
Learn how to “RX it” like a pro with audio guru and Sound On Sound columnist Mike ThorntonMike Thornton is a sound designer, audio producer and a Pro Tools specialist who works in radio, TV sound & digital media. He is also Deputy Editor of Pro Tools Expert and a Sound on Sound columnist. Chances are he's encountered a noisy situation like the one you’re facing, and he’s ready to show us how to fix the problem with RX 2.This series features real-world examples of audio rescue, including:
For more information about RX 2, please visit http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/rx/ and please contact me if you would like to review RX 2 or any other iZotope product.
- Reducing hiss caused by a bad microphone cable
- Repairing clipping in a poorly recorded interview
- Reducing hum from a one-time-only recording
- Removing camera sounds from wedding vows
- Eliminating feedback from a bad PA system
- Tackling mobile phone interference and buzz
- Removing mobile phone text alert sounds
- Cleaning up recordings from a drama performance
- Reducing noise from a trade show floor
- Removing clicks and crackles from old recordings