File Under: Music Business News, Making Money With Music
One of the most frequent questions we get from musicians is: how can I make money from music? It’s a big topic and we’ve covered many ways to do so here at The DIY Advisor. In the last year alone we’ve shared:
- The 3 Secrets to Making a Successful Music Business
- How to Make Money Playing Shows Online
- Five Things You Should be Doing at Your Merch Table to Make More Money
- How to Make Money from Your Music Back Catalog on YouTube
- 6 Places Musicians Can Get Money that You Should Know About
- How to Get Paid Royalties for Performing Your Own Music Live
And there’s also our 15-hour video online class, Making Money With Music.
Given how this topic is foremost on musician’s minds, we’re happy to share that we’ve been invited to speak at the Austin Grammy Association's Music Business Summit where we’ll be speaking about making money with music. Some of the topics we’ll be talking about include:
- getting digital distribution,
- making money from merchandise,
- licensing your music for commercials, movies, and TV,
- getting grants, and more.
So, if you’re in the Austin area and are a Grammy member, we invite you to join us Tuesday November 3rdat 6:30PM at Gibson Showroom (3601 S. Congress Ave., Suite G-400, Austin, TX 78704). Come on out and meet with us in person. We’re happy to talk and are looking forward to the event!
Date: Tuesday, November 3rd
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm; Talk and panel begins at 7:00pm CST
Located: Gibson Showroom (3601 S. Congress Ave., Suite G-400, Austin, TX 78704
Description: It’s easier than ever to record, distribute, and market your own music today, but what about actually making money? Long-time industry professionals, Electronic Musician Magazine columnists and best-selling authors Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan take you step-by-step through proven techniques for establishing steady revenue streams in today’s music business.
Admission: Admission is FREE for Recording Academy members and you can RSVP here once logged in. Space is limited.
- Making Money With Music (15-hour Online Course)
#makingmoneywithmusic #musicbusiness #grammy #appearances #speaking
Photo Credit: GrammyPro