The International Music Software Trade Association (IMSTA) is proud to announce that its annual celebration of Music Technology, IMSTA FESTA, is returning to SAE Institute in Los Angeles. IMSTA FESTA brings a collection of reputable music technology companies together in an environment where creative minds can interact with music makers face-to-face. Attendees include professional and semi-professional musicians, Deejays, songwriters, music producers, audio engineers, music students, and music educators; as well as anyone else interested in the art of music making. An exciting component of IMSTA FESTA is the Professional Panel Series that are stacked with well established and well-known music industry professionals, covering a range of relevant topics. This year IMSTA introduces the Master Class series featuring a selection of companies. During these sessions some companies will unveil their newest products and all companies will demonstrate how to use production tools most efficiently.
Admission is FREE with registration at: www.imsta.org
- Keynote speech delivered by GRAMMY-nominated record producer DJ Khalil.
- Acquire ‘inside knowledge’ by attending the panels at the IMSTA FESTA Professional Panel Series.
- Be sure to attend a Master class and learn how to maximize the efficiency of the production tools in your studio.
- Network with industry “heavy hitters” and make valuable connections.
- Participate in live demonstrations of the latest music production tools on the market.
- Attend the Songwriting Competition judging panel to hear finalists’ songs and see the winners.
Songwriter Contest Details
IMSTA's IMSTA FESTA Songwriting Contest will be conducted and hosted by our partner Broadjam. This contest is an annual affair that will provide aspiring and established songwriters the opportunity to have their creative pieces heard by industry professionals. Submissions can be with or without lyrics in any genre. At each IMSTA FESTA the Top-3 finalists will be heard at a judging panel at the final panel of the day. All finalists are asked to be present for judging, if they are not, an alternate will be put in their place. Judges will crown the regional winners at IMSTA FESTA and they will receive a prize, with over $15,000 in prizes to choose from. Prize selection includes:
- Native Instruments Komplete
- Arturia V Collection
- SONY Audio Mastering Suite
- Celemony Melodyne Editor
- Steinberg Wavelab
- FabFilter Pro-Q 2
- McDSP Emerald Pack Native
- Free entry to Black Rock Studios Song Camp in Santorini, Greece
IMSTA FESTA LA | Saturday, May 16th, 2015 | 11:00 am – 6:00 pm | 6700 Santa Monica Blvd.
Dates & Locations:
- IMSTA FESTA LA - May 16th, 2015 – SAE Institute [submission deadline: April 25, 2015]
- IMSTA FESTA CHI – July 25th, 2015 – SAE Institute [submission deadline: July 4, 2015]
- IMSTA FESTA NY – Sept. 26th, 2015 – SAE Institute [submission deadlin:e Sept. 5, 2015]
- IMSTA FESTA TOR – Oct. 17th, 2015 – Ryerson University [submission deadline Sept. 26, 2015]
At the end of 2015, the four first place winners from each IMSTA FESTA will enter for the Grand Prize, from which the winning “Song of the Year” will be selected. The Grand Prize winner, in addition to prizes, will win a FREE trip to a Songwriting Camp hosted by Black Rock Studios in Santorini Greece. Contest details, rules and exclusions: www.imsta.org/songwritingcontest2015.php
About IMSTA: The International Music Software Trade Association (IMSTA) is a nonprofit association which represents the interests of the music software industry. Its primary goal is to change end-user behavior in order to reduce the demand for pirated music software. IMSTA pursues this goal through education and not litigation.