“Pensado’s Place”, an internationally acclaimed web series about music production hosted by Herb Trawick and Grammy-winning audio engineer Dave Pensado (Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Elton John, Mary J. Blige, Michael Jackson), has moved its production facilities to SAE Institute’s newly constructed Los Angeles campus. "Pensado’s Place" will record its one-hour weekly episodes in SAE’s theater on Wednesdays, and the episodes will post on the show’s site as well as its YouTube channel on Fridays.
“SAE Los Angeles is the perfect home for ‘Pensado’s Place’,” says Trawick, who’s the show’s co-host and executive producer. “The newly renovated campus feels fresh and enlightened, both in terms of its revamped academic approach as well as the faculty’s awareness of how today’s audio technology students must possess multiple skills in order to be career-ready. We were also eager to work with Justin Pond, SAE L.A.’s Campus Director, who understands the importance of – and opportunities offered by - digital new media. After considering attractive offers from other prospective venues for 'Pensado’s Place', Justin and SAE’s new facility sealed the deal for me.”
"I can't wait to begin shooting in our new home at SAE L.A.,” says Pensado. “The campus is spectacular, and our guests are going to love being there each week. We’re also honored to carry forward the tradition of the school’s historic theater, which was built in 1929 by the Eastman Kodak Company.”
The 200+ guests who have appeared on "Pensado’s Place" since its debut in 2010 include the music industry’s most prominent engineers, producers, songwriters, and equipment manufacturers, such as:
- RoccStar (Chris Brown, Usher, Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar)
- Manny Marroquin (Maroon 5, John Mayer, Pink)
- Jean-Marie Horvat (T.I., Jamie Foxx, Beyonce)
- Jaycen Joshua (Wiz Khalifa, Juicy J, Nicki Minaj)
- Ed Cherney (Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt)
- Dann Huff (Rascal Flatts, Faith Hill)
- Jack Joseph Puig (U2, No Doubt, Green Day)
- Tricky Stewart (Mya, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears)
- Alex Da Kid (Dr. Dre, Eminem, Imagine Dragons)
- Jimmy Douglass (Slave, Roxy Music, Genesis, John Legend, Justin Timberlake)
- Brian Kennedy (Jennifer Hudson, Rihanna)
- Greg Wells (Adele, OneRepublic, Katy Perry, Pharrell Williams)
The show has also featured interviews with Randy Jackson of "American Idol", Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Raphael Saddiq, and Dave Mustaine of Metallica.
Along with its stellar guests, "Pensado’s Place" has also achieved a variety of noteworthy accomplishments, including:
- 120 colleges and universities around the world – including New York University, University of London, and Berklee College of Music - use "Pensado’s Place" in their curriculum
- The show is viewed by audio technology students and engineering/production professionals in 150 countries
- 215 episodes of "Pensado’s Place" have been produced
- The show’s episodes have garnered over 6,000,000 annual views
- Pensado and Trawick award over $150,000 in scholarships to audio engineering students each year
- Pensado and Trawick’s book, "The Pensado Papers: The Rise of Visionary Online Television Sensation ‘Pensado’s Place’", is a top-reviewed title on Amazon.com
- The duo’s work has been featured in Forbes Magazine and The Huffington Post
“We couldn’t be more thrilled that ‘Pensado’s Place’ is shooting their show live from our campus,” says SAE Los Angeles Campus Director Justin Pond. “The big winners in this development are our prospective students, current students, and alumni. For each of these groups, having the opportunity to rub elbows and learn from Dave, Herb, and their celebrity guests – who represent the best of the best in the music engineering and production industry - has a value that can’t be calculated.”
The new productions of "Pensado’s Place" at SAE Institute Los Angeles will debut in mid-May 2015.
SAE Institute provides aspiring creative media professionals with a foundation of practical theory and valuable hands-on training in their chosen areas of concentration. Under the guidance of our faculty, which is comprised of working industry professionals, students gain the essential experience they need for entry-level jobs in the entertainment business. Our students are supported in their job searches by SAE’s international network of alumni, many of whom are leaders in the music, film, game arts, and live performance arenas. We offer programs in audio technology across our seven US campuses, along with a music business program at select locations, all fully accredited and focused on preparing students for employment when they graduate. Bachelor’s Degree programs in Animation, Audio, Film, Game Art & Graphic Design are available at the two locations of Ex’pression College, which is owned and operated by SAE Institute Group, Inc. SAE Institute Group, Inc. is a part of Navitas LTD. Learn more at USA.sae.edu.
Navitas is an Australian global education leader, providing pre-university and university programs, English language courses, migrant education and settlement services, creative media education, student recruitment, professional development, and corporate training services to more than 80,000 students across a network of over 100 colleges and campuses in 27 countries. Learn more at Navitas.com.