File Under: Music Business News
The conference is already sold out, and is focused on the practical steps that musicians need to take to grow their music careers. The conference will have keynotes, breakout sessions, meet-and-greets, and one-on-one consultations where artists work closely with mentors. You can sign up to meet and consult with either of us. Although we consult on our own, and we love to help musicians personally, we’ve been booked this year with other commitments so this is a great opportunity to connect with us if you’re attending.
Tom Jackson will also be at the conference, hosting a Live Band Makeover. If you're planning to be at the conference, we highly recommend you see Tom in action. He's an amazing talent, and has created the language and mechanics to turn a live show into a compelling event that packs the room and engages the audience. Any musician who plays live will get a lot out of Tom's session.
Finally, beyond the conference this weekend, we are participating in other events while releasing a steady stream of articles -- all of which are out now and are worth checking out:
- We will be in Austin, TX next weekend traveling to our upcoming talk for the Austin Grammy Pro Summit on November 3rd where we will be giving a presentation on Making Money With Music.
- We wrote an extensive feature article called the State of Music Income for this month's 30th anniversary issue of Electronic Musician Magazine (available on the stands today but not online yet), where we cover all of the income sources for musicians today, and includes interviews from producers and related organizations.
- We released an article called Get The Most From Your Album Release in AudioFanZine.
- We authored a series of articles in recent months at Discmakers that you might find useful including: How to Make Money on YouTube With Your Music, Planning the Rewards For Your Music Crowdfunding Project, How To Crowdfund Your Next Project: 11 Steps To Success, and Four Ways You Can Fund Your Next Music Project.
On top of this, we continue to write weekly here at The DIY Advisor, as well as working on feature articles for Electronic Musician Magazine that will be released in the coming months on topics such as copyright registration, music licensing, and more. Keep your eye on this blog and Electronic Musician for the latest DIY info and techniques.
- The Indie Band Survival Guide (Remixed & Remastered: Second Edition)
- Making Money With Music (15-hour Online Course)
#news #article #list
Photo Credit: CDBaby