File Under: Music Business News, Making Money With Music, Networking and Building Your Team, Marketing Your Music, Building Your Music Business, Getting Media Attention & PR
Tonight we'll be speaking at Carnegie Hall as part of New York City's 1st Annual New York Music Month. Come join us as we speak on "Making Money with Music". And, if you can't make it, join us for tomorrow's session at Made in NY Media Center by IFP which will focus on how to maximize your revenue in a streaming world.
- Session One: How to Make Money with Music, TONIGHT! Tuesday, June 20th, 6pm @ Carnegie Hall, Manhattan (Click here to register.)
- Session Two: How to Make Money with Music: Digital Edition Wednesday, June 21st at the Brooklyn New York Media Center (Click here to register.)
See below for descriptions, but each talk will cover different topics. Space is limited, so register now. As always, we'll stick around after the event to answer as many of your questions as possible. So, if you’re in the New York City area, join us for the talk! See you there!
1. How to Make Money With Music + Facilitated Networking Session.
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 20th at 6:30-9:30 PM EDT
Location: Carnegie Hall -- Resnick Education Wing 154 West 57th street, 10th floor New York, NY 10019
Description: It’s easier than ever to record, distribute, and market your own music today, but what about actually making money? Long-time industry professionals, Electronic Musician Magazine columnists, and authors Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan take musicians step-by-step through proven techniques for establishing steady revenue streams in today’s music business. This seminar covers how to maximize the money musicians make from music using today's latest technologies and minimize the money spent promoting it -- including how to start a music business for $0. Topics include digital distribution, making money from merchandise, licensing music for commercials/movies/TV, crowdfunding (which we've talked about here, and here, and here), Patreon, and more.
2. How to Make Money with Music: Digital Edition (How to Release Your Music in a Streaming World to Grow Your Fanbase and Generate Revenue) + Facilitated Networking Session.
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 21th at 7 PM - 10 PM EDT
Located: Made in NY Media Center by IFP 30 John Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
Description: Today's music world has changed how musicians build a fanbase as well as how they get royalties paid out. Musicians need to change their strategies in a world where playlists are the new social way to get discovered and nearly 2/3rds of all music heard by Spotify's 70+ million users are singles. This session covers where musicians should register their music to get all of the royalties they are owed, improve their chances of getting their music licensed by TV & Movies, plan their releases, and covers the new tools to promote music and get discovered. Includes info on how to get started from 0 subscribers and 0 views through growing an existing fanbase by covering over 20 categories of places to get their music discovered and heard and the strategies on how to use them.
- The 3 Secrets to Making a Successful Music Business
- Are You Choosing The Best Digital Distributor To Get Your Music On Digital and Streaming Services?
- How To Get Top Dollar For Your Merchandise
- One Authentic Way To Constantly Engage With Your Fans (Part One)
- What's The Difference Between Marketing and PR?
- The Secrets of Personal Branding
- 100 Free Articles to Help You Make Money with Music and Grow Your Music Career
- The Indie Band Survival Guide (Remixed & Remastered: Second Edition)
- Making Money With Music (15-hour Online Course)
#newyorkcity #newyorkmusicmonth #revenue #conference #workshop #makingmoneywithmusic #marketing #musicbusiness #persona #appearances #speaking