File Under: Music Business News, Making Money With Music, Raising Money and Crowdfunding
One of the most common questions we get from musicians is: how can I make money from music? It’s a huge topic we’ve covered here at The DIY Advisor, but if you're in the Chicago area on Saturday, July 23rd, you can see us live as we do our talk at 3pm on "Making Money with Music" at IMSTA FESTA. The event is free with registration and will be located at SAE Institute Chicago (location/directions here).
Learning how to make money in today's internet-powered music industry has been at the forefront of what Electronic Musician and The DIY Adviser are all about. In the last six months alone we’ve shared features and articles on topics such as:
- Master Class: Make Spotify Work for You (Electronic Musician Feature)
- Master Class: Song Release Checklist (Electronic Musician Feature)
- Eight Alternative Versions Of Songs You Can Release
- One Authentic Way To Constantly Engage With Your Fans (Part One)
- Are You Choosing The Best Digital Distributor To Get Your Music On Digital and Streaming Services?
- 3 Ways to Save Money Registering Your Copyrights
- What Every Musician Needs To Know About Cue Sheets
- The Three Parts To Every Transaction Musicians Need To Know
- What To Do If Someone Wants To Have You Sign A "Work For Hire" Agreement
And then there’s also our 15-hour video online class, Making Money With Music.
Given how important this topic is for musicians, we’re happy to speak at the International Music Software Trade Association (IMSTA) Fest that SAE Institute Chicago is hosting. It's bringing together some of the top music technology companies (PreSonus, Native Instruments, Yamaha, and many more) so musicians can network, interact face-to-face, and attend panels and talks with experts that can help their careers. Some of the topics we’ll be talking about include:
- getting digital distribution,
- making money from merchandise,
- licensing your music for commercials, movies, and TV,
- getting grants, and more.
So, if you’re in the Chicago area, register now (it's free), and join us at our talk Saturday, July 23rd. We'll stick around to answer any questions you may have -- so find us after the talk!
Making Money With Music
Date/Time: Saturday, July 23, 3:00pm (Central Time)
Located: SAE Institute Chicago -- 820 N Orleans St #125, Chicago, IL 60610
Presented by: Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan, authors of The Indie Band Survival Guide and the 15-hour Making Money With Music Online Course at CreativeLive.
Description: It’s easier than ever to record, distribute, and market your own music today, but what about actually making money? Long-time industry professionals, Electronic Musician Magazine columnists and best-selling authors Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan take you step-by-step through proven techniques for establishing steady revenue streams in today’s music business.
Free with Registration: Register now for the free event.
- Money Master Class: How To Fund Your Music Project
- Master Class: Make Spotify Work for You
- Master Class: Song Release Checklist
- The Indie Band Survival Guide (Remixed & Remastered: Second Edition)
- Making Money With Music (15-hour Online Course)
#makingmoneywithmusic #crowdfunding #musicbusiness #sae #imsta #appearances #speaking
Photo Credit: IMSTA