File Under: Music Business News, Making Money With Music, Networking and Building Your Team, Marketing Your Music, Building Your Music Business, Getting Media Attention & PR
After a sold-out night last night at Carnegie hall, we're glad to say that there are two more chances to see us if you're in New York City on Thursday, June 28th at 7-9PM (sign up here) or Friday, June 29th @ 6PM (sign up here).
This Thursday we will be joining our friend Sohrab Saadat Ladjevardi for an event at Musicians for Musicians and Friday we'll be back at Carnegie hall.
These are nearly at capacity, so sign up now if you want to attend.
- How to Make Money with Music: Digital Edition Friday, June 29th, 6pm @ Carnegie Hall, Manhattan (Click here to register.)
- Making Money With Music, Thursday, June 28th, 7-9PM @ Brooklyn Music School 126 St. Felix Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Each talk will cover different topics and we have some musicians going to all of them. As always, we'll stick around after the event to answer as many of your questions as possible. Last night we got kicked out of the venue again, and took the conversations to the street, where we talked with people until very late. Join us, we’d love to meet you and see you there!
Making Money With Music -- Thursday, June 28th, 2018
Where: Brooklyn Music School / BMS (126 St Felix Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217)
Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan, authors of the critically-acclaimed book The Indie Band Survival Guide, DooBeeDoo contributors and Electronic Musician Columnists, will be running a workshop to Musicians For Musicians (MFM) about how musicians can improve their income. These Chicago authors are in town speaking at Carnegie Hall for New York Music month and are making a special appearance at MFM to share new revenue ideas based on their forthcoming book, Making Money with Music, to be released September 4th, 2018 from St. Martin’s Press/Macmillan.
Ticket: $10 (free for MFM members and BMS students and teachers)
Location: Brooklyn Music School / BMS (126 St Felix Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217)
The hosts are: jazzman Billy Harper and MFM President Sohrab Saadat Ladjevardi
Date: June 28, 2017
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Schedule: 7pm – 7:45pm workshop
7:45pm – 8pm Q&A
8pm – 8:15pm Backline Set Up
8:15pm – 9pm Jam session (anybody is welcome to jam. Bring your instruments with you. Backline provided by BMS.)
How to Make Money with Music: DIGITAL EDITION -- Friday, June 29, 2018
Where: Carnegie Hall
Today’s digital music world has changed how musicians build a fanbase as well as how they get royalties paid out. Long-time industry professionals, Electronic Musician Magazine columnists, and authors Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan take musicians step-by-step through proven techniques for establishing steady revenue streams in today’s music business. This session covers where musicians should register their music to get all of the royalties they are owed, improve their chances of getting their music licensed by TV & Movies, plan their releases, and the new tools to promote music and get discovered.
- Upcoming book Making Money With Music, (PRE ORDER HERE)
- The 3 Secrets to Making a Successful Music Business
- Are You Choosing The Best Digital Distributor To Get Your Music On Digital and Streaming Services?
- How To Get Top Dollar For Your Merchandise
- 3 Steps to Grow Your Audience By Narrowing Your Marketing
- One Authentic Way To Constantly Engage With Your Fans (Part One)
- What's The Difference Between Marketing and PR?
- The Secrets of Personal Branding
- 100 Free Articles to Help You Make Money with Music and Grow Your Music Career
- The Indie Band Survival Guide (Remixed & Remastered: Second Edition)
- Making Money With Music (15-hour Online Course)
#newyorkcity #newyorkmusicmonth #revenue #conference #workshop #makingmoneywithmusic #marketing #musicbusiness #persona #appearances #speaking
Photo Credit: nymusicmonth.nyc