Detailed and comprehensive orchestral percussion collection features unprecedented control of sound and instruments
Hollywood, CA (September 30, 2014) – EASTWEST, the industry leader in virtual instruments for over 25 years, has released Hollywood Orchestral Percussion, produced by award-winning team comprised of Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, Thomas Bergersen, and engineer Shawn Murphy. This release completes the company’s flagship Hollywood Orchestra, which also includes Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, and Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds.
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion is an utterly unique orchestral percussion library featuring one of America's very best orchestral percussionists and his inspiring arsenal of instruments. A must have compositional tool for serious composers, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion includes PLAY 4 software, offering powerful scripting for ease of use and up to 5 microphone positions for unprecedented control over each instrument including main pickup (Decca tree), mid pickup, close pickup, surround pickup, and an alternate vintage circa 1945 RCA ribbon room pickup.
Recorded in the famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes, Hollywood Orchestral Percussion perfects techniques pioneered in Stormdrum 3, using unique repetition sampling techniques and 8 way round robin that deliver a virtual live performance. The entire collection uses zero noise reduction resulting in a spectacular sound that will virtually jump out of the speakers.
- Orchestral percussion staples include timpani, snare drums, cymbals, bass drums, and metals. Each instrument shines with exemplary detail and variety making it possible to find exactly the right sound for any piece of music.
- Specific instruments to handle extreme tempos.
- Most extensive and fluid timpani ever sampled.
- An unprecedented, extensive array of epic anvil samples
- Orchestral chimes are sampled to mimic the sound of real church bells, as the instrument was originally intended.
- Inspiring array of vintage field drums, such as Epic Bass Drum Ensemble and Mahler Hammer give this collection some serious punch.
- For the first time, the celeste has been captured in a multi mic position environment with extremely low noise.
For more details, please visit www.soundsonline.com/hollywood-orchestral-percussion
75GB free hard disc space, iLok security key (not provided).
Pricing & Availability
To purchase and more information, please visit www.soundsonline.com/hollywood-orchestral-percussion
- Diamond Edition: $599
- Gold Edition: $499
- Silver Edition: $249
The Diamond Edition is available for immediate download or supplied on an optional hard drive for ease of installation. For more details, please visit www.soundsonline.com/hollywood-orchestral-percussion. The Silver Edition will be available later in October 2014.
EASTWEST (www. soundsonline.com) has been dedicated to perpetual innovation and uncompromising quality of Sample Libraries and Virtual Instruments for 25 years, setting the industry standard as the most critically acclaimed soundware developer. More about EASTWEST at soundsonline.com, onFacebook and Twitter.