KNOXVILLE, TN —Waves Audio, a leading provider of digital signal processing solutions, is now shipping the Waves Scheps Parallel Particles plugin, part of the Waves Signature Series.
Created in collaboration with GRAMMY®-winning producer/mixing engineer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Metallica, Jay Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Sabbath, Lana Del Rey), Scheps Parallel Particles captures Andrew’s masterful know-how and vast experience in the form of four easy-to-use controls, each representing one of Andrew’s go-to mixing processes:
- Sub is a harmonic generator that creates lows and adds sub frequencies that were never there before. By working more with resonance than with EQ, it’s a great way to create a presence in the low end without things getting out of control.
- Air focuses on those elusive air frequencies and brings them to the forefront. Like Sub, it is a harmonic generator that creates innovative resonances that do not exist in your source. Traditional EQ can sometimes magnify unwanted noise or artifacts; but this control circumvents this issue by synthesizing the top end from existing lower frequency material.
- Bite is designed to create sonic vitality and emotion. It controls the front ends of the notes (those that reach your ear first), but it also has a big impact on the release. It can be used on anything to make your sound more aggressive. A singer will sound more energetic, a snare drum will have more attack, a bass guitar will sound more present, and so on.
- Thick adds solid body to the signal, evening out the lower mids and midrange, creating a feeling similar to that of a microphone being a little bit closer, or the room ambience being darker.
Separately, these controls work in very different ways to shape the vitality of the sound. In combination, they can really let you dig in and make huge changes in a subtle way.
Andrew Scheps comments, “This plugin is about attitude, energy and emotion. You can find the sound you want without having to figure out which of the traditional tools will get you there. It is as much an attitude shaper as a tone shaper, so you can focus on how you want your tracks to feel.”
For more information, please visit www.waves.com/plugins/scheps-parallel-particles.
- Introducing the Waves Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin: https://youtu.be/M-fgpGJ6IzM
- Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin – Audio Demos: https://youtu.be/qNbWY6Rg97w
- Andrew Scheps in Action: Mixing with the Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin: https://youtu.be/Mo7d1D7tMOg
- Behind the Scheps Parallel Particles Plugin with Mixing Engineer Andrew Scheps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZFNt0oVvkg