KNOXVILLE, TN — Waves Audio, a leading provider of digital signal processing solutions, is now shipping the Greg Wells ToneCentric plugin, part of the Greg Wells Signature Series. Created in collaboration with multiple Grammy®-nominated producer, musician and mixing engineer Greg Wells (Adele, OneRepublic, Katy Perry, Twenty One Pilots), who has songs on over 85 million units sold, Greg Wells ToneCentric is a musical harmonic enhancer based on Greg’s favorite pieces of analog gear. It is designed to add rich analog tone to individual tracks or entire mixes, in the studio or live, with an extremely easy-to-use single-knob interface.
Greg remarks on his vision for the plugin: “I’m always on the hunt for ways to pull more music out of the speakers. You get a beautiful effect when you run audio through healthy vacuum tubes and big transistors wound the right way, and record it to a great tape machine. This plugin is an homage to the great analog gear that leaves a wonderful sonic footprint on your sound. There are certain pieces of gear in my studio that consistently do this for me without fail: a holy grail 1950s mono tube compressor, a tape machine, a custom-made vacuum tube console. Several plugins do a great job pointing in this direction, but sometimes I find the high-end suffers. In developing ToneCentric, it was important to me to keep things sonically quite full overall, but with an added depth of field.”
Greg continues, “As with all the plugins in my Signature Series, there is an enormous amount going on behind the simplicity of the single-knob interface. Different settings on the knob will yield different results, and I encourage you to experiment with subtle to mid to drastic levels. Here’s to more tone-filled music! I hope you like it as much as I do.”
Greg Wells ToneCentric features:
- Harmonic enhancement plugin for adding rich analog tone
- Created with producer, songwriter & mixing engineer Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry, OneRepublic, Mika, Twenty One Pilots)
- Based on Greg's favorite vintage analog gear
- For use in the studio or live
- User-friendly single-knob control
- Add Analog Tone to Your Tracks – Greg Wells ToneCentric Plugin: https://youtu.be/FiU8Bx4duRM
- Demo & Tutorial with Greg Wells – How to Get Rich Analog Tone with the Greg Wells ToneCentric Plugin: https://youtu.be/yeCbdJ7Mvtw
Learn More: http://www.waves.com/plugins/greg-wells-tonecentric.