Agile Partners and Peavey Electronics have announced that AmpKit Version 1.1, a major update to the powerful and convenient guitar amps and effects app, is available for download on the iTunes App Store.
AmpKit is available in two versions: AmpKit and AmpKit+. The apps and their companion AmpKit LiNK, a high fidelity electric guitar adapter, provide guitar and bass players with a powerful way to play, practice and record high quality tones anytime and anywhere. AmpKit is part of Agile Partners' highly acclaimed suite of guitar apps that also includes App Store Hall of Fame inductee, GuitarToolkit; 2010 Apple Design Award winner, TabToolkit; and recent iPad and iPhone App of the Week, Guitar World Lick of the Day.
Now a "universal" app supporting iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, AmpKit 1.1 is available for free to everyone who already purchased AmpKit or AmpKit+ for iPhone/iPod touch. In addition, any gear (i.e., amps, pedals, mics) that users already purchased can be easily shared across devices using AmpKit's Restore Purchases functionality. With AmpKit, users never pay twice for the same gear, even if they have both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad devices.
AmpKit 1.1 leverages the iPad's seamless rotation between landscape and portrait orientations and takes full advantage of the iPad's larger display. For example, you can view an entire amp and pedals setup while simultaneously modifying gear settings, or view as many as 15 setups or presets at once without scrolling. AmpKit 1.1 provides users with a delightful interactive experience that includes beautiful amp and pedal artwork designed specifically for iPad.
One of the major new features in AmpKit 1.1 is audio copy and paste. AmpKit users can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps such as Sonoma's FourTrack and StudioTrack apps or Harmonicdog's MultiTrack DAW. You can also paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as either backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma's AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple's General Pasteboard, for maximum compatibility with other iOS audio apps.
Already offering twice the gear of its closest competitor, AmpKit introduces three new pieces of amazing gear in Version 1.1:
- American Acoustic: Specifically designed for the electro-acoustic guitarist, this new amp has 16 built-in acoustic-friendly effects and an ultra-crisp PA simulation cabinet.
- Tremo-LOL: A great new Tremolo pedal with American and British tremolo modes in a single unit.
- Wahba Doo: Three wahs in one: envelope filter, auto-wah, and manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
AmpKit 1.1 includes three new bundles featuring discounts ranging from 50% to almost 70% compared to individual component prices. In fact, you can buy almost every item in AmpKit's extensive Gear Store via these highly discounted bundles:
- The Effector Pack: 6 great stomp-boxes including delay, reverb, octave, tremolo, vibrato, and wah.
- The Clean & Classic Pack: Six amps and eight effects pedals tailored for clean, vintage, and acoustic styles.
- The Power Pack: Six amps with a penchant for gain, plus eight additional gain and compression effect pedals.
New Features include the following:
- Post-Amp Effects: You can now place pedals both before and after the amp in the effects chain, enabling major improvements in audio quality and many effects, including reverb and delay.
- Instant Access to iPod Music Library: No lengthy process here - just select a song from your iPod library and jam along instantly.
- Setup Sharing, Favorites and Locking: You can now email your setups and presets, "star" your favorites, and lock setups to prevent accidental modification.
- QuickJump: Jump easily from one favorite setup or preset to another without leaving your gear display.
- Recording Enhancements: AmpKit now provides an enhanced composite waveform that shows both wet and dry levels on the same display, and you can flick-scroll recordings.
- Rotation Support for iPhone/iPod touch: You can now use AmpKit with your iPhone or iPod touch inverted which enables better cable routing in many instances.
AmpKit is available in two versions on the iTunes App Store: AmpKit is a free app that includes the Peavey ValveKing amp, two ValveKing cabinets, two pedals, two mics and a variety of built-in features including recording, re-amping, backing tracks, tuner and metronome; and ?AmpKit+ is a paid app ($19.99 in the US App Store) that bundles three additional amps, four more cabinets, eight additional pedals, and six more mics, at less than half their individual prices.
Both versions of AmpKit include an in-app Gear Store where additional gear can be purchased either a la carte or as part of significantly discounted bundles. AmpKit LiNK is available for $39.99 from authorized dealers worldwide.