Apogee Electronics announced today that Symphony 64 is now shipping worldwide to authorized dealers and distributors. Symphony 64 is a 64 channel, 24bit/192kHz PCI Express card made to interface Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters directly to Apple’s Mac Pro creating The Symphony System.
The Symphony System excels on several levels; the award-winning sound quality of Apogee’s AD&DA Converters, the groundbreaking power of Apple’s Mac Pro, and the stability and ultra low latency performance of the Symphony 64 card. This combination provides a flexible, stable, high-end solution for customers seeking a workstation compatible with any Core Audio application.
Symphony 64 features Extended Audio Routing with VBus and SBus technology. VBus allows users to route demanding, stand-alone software instruments, directly between Core Audio based applications, instead of running them as plug-ins. Symphony’s SBus doubles the DSP power of The Symphony System by facilitating the communication of digital audio between Symphony equipped Macs with a single cable. Now it is possible to route audio to a second computer and back again for plug-in processing, sample libraries, soft-synth players, and session transfers from one Core Audio application to another.
Availability: NOW SHIPPING
Apogee is offering an upgrade program to customers who have purchased a Symphony PCI-e card between the dates of August 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008. All that qualify for the program can upgrade to Symphony 64 directly thru Apogee for $295.
Symphony 64 at a glance:
- 64 channels of 24-bit 192kHz Digital I/O per card
- Up to 128 channels of I/O per Mac Pro
- Near zero latency performance
- Connects directly to Apogee’s X-Series and Rosetta Series converters via the X-Symphony option card
- Apogee’s VBus - virtual routing within a Core Audio application or between multiple applications.
- Apogee’s SBus - 32 channel, 192kHz digital audio network between two Mac computers
- Apogee’s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing
- Compatibility with any Core Audio application
For more information: http://www.apogeedigital.com/symphony