— The Artist Elite® AE2300 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone excels at capturing sound from guitar amps, brass and percussion instruments, and other high-SPL sources —
Audio-Technica (Booth 6740, Hall A), a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, introduces its new Artist Elite® AE2300 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone. The AE2300 features Audio-Technica’s proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction, giving it high-frequency and transient response that far exceeds typical dynamic microphones. With its rugged, brass metal construction and low-profile design (able to be placed unobtrusively in a variety of applications) and the ability to handle high SPLs, the AE2300 is a versatile performer, able to capture sound from guitar amps, brass and woodwinds, drums and percussion instruments with clarity and precision.
The double-dome diaphragm construction allows the AE2300 to maintain directionality across the entire frequency range, with little off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90° and 180°) for excellent phase cohesion in multiple-mic setups. The microphone is also equipped with a switchable low-pass filter that cuts out harsh, high-frequency noise, such as hiss from a guitar amp or high-hat bleed, without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument – an especially useful tool in live settings to get a clear, focused sound.
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction that improves high-frequency and transient response
- Maintains directionality across the entire frequency range
- Minimal off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90°, and 180°) helps to maintain phase cohesion in multiple microphone setups
- Switchable low-pass filter removes harsh, high-frequency hiss without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument
- Low-profile design allows microphone to be placed easily and unobtrusively in a wide variety of setups
- Rugged, brass metal construction ensures dependable performance in live music applications
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 60 – 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -57 (1.4 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Weight: 14.6 oz (415 g)
- Dimensions: 3.7" (94.0 mm) long, 1.1" (28.0 mm) maximum diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: AT8471 isolation stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
The Audio-Technica Artist Elite AE2300 Cardioid Instrument Microphone will be available in February 2016 with a U.S. street price of $269. For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.