Audio-Technica is now shipping its BP40 Large-Diaphragm Broadcast Microphone, a dynamic vocal microphone with rich, clear, natural condenser-like sound for a variety of applications including radio, overdubs, post-production, podcasting and more. The mic’s hypercardioid polar pattern provides isolation of the desired sound source, and maximum off-axis rejection when working in close production environments. Its optimized capsule placement helps maintain a commanding vocal presence even at a distance, while the multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering. It also includes a switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter to provide even more pop protection.
The BP40’s large diaphragm features patented floating-edge construction that maximizes diaphragm surface area and optimizes overall diaphragm performance, while the humbucking voice coil prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI) (e.g.,,from video monitors, AC power, etc.). The mic’s design, inspired by the visual representation of a waveform, features rugged, all-metal construction for dependable use in professional broadcast environments. The BP40 comes standard with the AT8483 mounting clamp, and for additional protection from noise, shock and vibration, the optional AT8484 shock mount is available separately.
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency response: 50-16,000 Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 100 Hz, 6 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: –48 dB (3.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 450 ohms
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Weight: 632 g (22.3 oz.)
- Dimensions: 164.0 mm (6.45") long, 56.0 mm (2.20") diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8483 mounting clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
The BP40 is now available with a U.S. estimated street price of $349.00. The optional AT8484 shock mount is also available with a U.S. estimated street price of $99.00. For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.