"We are really excited to add the PM6 to our product line," said James P. Wischmeyer, president of BAG END. "The PM6 provides accurate, high quality monitoring capability for mastering in critical listening environments at a price point suitable for home studios.”
The PM6 carries the further distinction of being self-powered, thanks to a built-in 100 watt internal amplifier that weighs just ½ lb. The PM6 is a very compact package, measuring just 14 inches high by nine inches high by nine inches deep. It is loaded with a six-inch high performance coaxial driver with a one-inch coaxially mounted neodymium magnet, soft dome tweeter and weighs just 18 ½ lbs.
“Designed to be used in the near field, the flat response in both the frequency and time domain of the PM6 insure accurate reproduction of the audio signal to the listener position,” Wischmeyer said. “It gives the mixing engineer an uncompromising window into the actual content of the recording.”
The PM6 is an excellent choice for broadcast, recording studio, and post production monitoring applications.
Specifications for the PM6 Near Field Monitor:
- Components: 6” high performance bass/mid driver and 1-inch coaxially mounted Neodymium tweeter
- Impedance: 10 K Ohms
- Frequency response: 60 Hz. To 20 kHz, plus/minus 3 dB
- Max output: 107 db SPL @ 1 meter
- Dimensions: 14" high x 9” wide x 9" deep
- Weight: 18 ½ lbs.
- Suggested retail: $ 898
BAG END Loudspeaker Systems is about to enter its fourth decade of manufacturing professional quality loudspeaker systems and components. BAG END has built an enviable reputation among sound designers, sound enforcement installation contractors, recording studios and postproduction houses for the integrity of its sound reproduction and rugged construction.
Some of the most recent, major installations of BAG END loudspeaker systems include:
- National Museum of the American Indian on the Mall in Washington, D.C., the 16th museum of the Smithsonian Institution;
- Oltremare, Rimini, Italy, a spectacular new 25-acre marine theme park on Italy’s East Coast dedicated to the Adriatic Sea and its rich cultural history;
- Private Island Trax Studio, Hollywood, Michael McDonald���s multi-room facility, where he has mixed and mastered hundreds of artists, TV and film projects;
- SSI Advanced Post Services, Hollywood, a full-featured post-production company that provides the film and television industry post-production services;
- National Constitution Center, Philadelphia, the city’s newest museum, which honors the cornerstone of modern democracy;
- Washington, D.C., Convention Center, a new $833 million convention facility in our nation’s Capitol that covers 2.3 million square feet: three city blocks in length and two city blocks in width;
- “Blast Off Theater” at Space Center Houston, official visitor center for NASA’s Johnson Space Center;
- Hong Kong Museum of History, Hong Kong, a new $390 million museum that presents an overview of 6,000 years of Chinese history;
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, Cerritos, Calif., recognized as one of the most advanced theater and performing arts facilities in the nation;
- Madison Square Garden, New York City, known as “The world’s most famous arena;”
- Avalon Theatre, Easton, Md., a community-owned 80-year-old, not-for-profit performing arts theater billed as the “showplace of the Eastern Shore;
- Kreta Ayer People’s Theater, Singapore, considered the main venues for Chinese opera on the Malaysian peninsula.
BAG END Loudspeaker Systems can be contacted at http://www.bagend.com