Become the Master of Your Studio Domain with EQ’s Craig Anderton
Mastering is an essential part of preparing your music for release: Good mastering can make the difference between your listeners going “okay” or “WOW!!” This webcast provides practical, proven, effective techniques from award-winning mastering engineer/EQ magazine Executive Editor Craig Anderton for mastering music in your own studio.
- The many objectives of mastering
- Acoustics issues: Rooms, speakers, and headphones
- EQ and dynamics: How to apply these essential mastering tools
- Cleaning your master: From killing clicks to reducing noise
- Winning the “loudness” wars: How to get loudness and dynamic range
- Mastering for release on the web
- Getting a great album flow
- Secrets of “transportable” mixes
- If all else fails: How to find, and work with, a pro mastering engineer
Mastering In The Home Studio will also feature an opportunity to win prizes as well as “handout” materials like MP3s and PDF documents that go along with your Master Class for reference before and during the session. The archived event can be found here: storefront.theplatform.com/GetStorefrontEvent.event?pid=pdOt0LChzvl1tyDqtot0CuPLb3ElKoFJ
Craig Anderton: Mastering In The Home Studio, a Video Webcast
About Craig Anderton:
Craig Anderton is an internationally-recognized authority in the field of music and technology, having presented seminars in 37 states, 10 countries, and three languages. He has played on, produced, mixed, and/or mastered over 20 major label releases as well as several independent recordings; he currently plays in the band EV2, with Brian Hardgroove from Public Enemy. As an author, he has written 20 books on musical electronics, as well as over a thousand articles for magazines such as Guitar Player, Rolling Stone, EQ, Keyboard, Sound on Sound, and others. Craig is currently Executive Editor for EQ magazine, and Editor in Chief of www.harmony-central.com.