The posting above the photo reads, "The metal case has just arrived. Isn't she a beauty?"
And with a simple Facebook post, Behringer's clone of the legendary ARP 2600 has been formally announced.
The new clone is rumored to have features including:
- An analog, triple VCO design
- Authentic reproduction of the original ARP 2600 circuitry
- Semi-modular architecture that requires no patching
- 3 VCOs, each with LFO mode, FM inputs, and multiple wave-shape outputs
- Multi-mode VCF with dedicated low-pass output with additional switched high/notch output
- A wide range of modules including ring modulator, lag processor, sample and hold, Schmitt trigger and envelope follower
- ADSR and AR Envelope generators with switchable time factor
- Realistic digital spring reverb
- Noise Generator
- 2 dedicated LFOs with pulse and sine wave outputs
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation
We'll keep you updated as to the latest ARP clone developments!