Cakewalk, the world's leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today releases Second Coming, the latest Expansion Pack created by Galbanum for the Rapture and Rapture LE synthesizers.
Second Coming enhances Rapture's, soundset for creating fresh new sounds for Dance, House, Trance, and Techno music. Second Coming provides 400 new presets based exclusively on 600 MB of new custom content for Rapture. Second Coming also takes advantage of Rapture's 's award-winning Expression Engine and newest features introduced in version 1.1, including its filter modes, DSP transforms, signal routing, tempo-synched envelopes, 64-bit processing, stereo waveforms, and more.
"Galbanum is a leader in creating tools for sound designers, and we're pleased to work with them again on Second Coming. Piscis was such a hit with our customers that we're happy to be able to offer another Galbanum Expansion Pack," said Cakewalk Product Manager Brian Desmond. "High-end, robust, and affordable expansions like Second Coming are another way we're providing innovative new sounds for today's artist at a tremendous value."
Galbanum founder and Second Coming creator Andrew Souter was excited to develop another Expansion Pack for Rapture. "Cakewalk's Expression Engine, SFZ format, and Rapture product are really a pleasure to develop for," he said. "The Cakewalk formats are incredibly well thought out for the power developer, and the fidelity of the Rapture engine is truly industry-leading."
Today's announcement furthers Cakewalk's commitment to support our instrument customers with new sounds after their initial purchase. Along with Piscis, the company also released earlier this year a Minimoog Tribute Expansion Pack, designed by Craig Anderton for Rapture and Rapture LE, which gave customers exciting new sounds derived from classic Minimoog samples and enhanced with Rapture's modern synthesis features.
A third Galbanum Expansion Pack for Rapture and Rapture LE is currently in development.
Second Coming Expansion Pack for Rapture highlights
- 600 MB of new content, 1,393 files in all
- 80 custom, 64-bit, 65,536 point LFO Waveforms
- 40 velocity cross-faded multi-waveform SFZ instruments
- 16 special new "Spectrum Sample" SFZ instruments that span eight octaves
- Stereo waveforms that produce sounds with huge, 3-D-like spatial images
- Modulation Matrix and MIDI Controller assignments which enable complex sound morphing and eliminate static or lifeless presets
- Perfect for creating Dance, House, Trance, Techno, Progressive, Downtempo and other electronic music styles