The ES-3 is a Eurorack-format module that converts eight channels of ADAT Lightpipe input to DC-coupled outputs on 3.5mm jacks, for the ultimate convenience in connection of a DAW directly to analog synthesizers.
The outputs can be used as control voltages (CVs), for example with software such as Expert Sleepers Silent Way, and can also be used as audio outputs at high, modular synth-compatible levels.
With the ES-3, a single optical cable is all that is need to bring direct CV control from your DAW right into the heart of a modular system.
The ES-3's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 53 mm
- Input connection: optical, ADAT Lightpipe standard, 44.1/48 kHz
- D/A conversion: 24-bit, 105dB SNR typical
- Output connections: eight 3.5mm jacks, DC-coupled
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
- Indicators: LED for ADAT clock sync; two LEDs per channel indicate output voltage (+ve/-ve)
Available as standard with a black aluminium or translucent black acrylic front panel. There will also be a limited edition of 25 individually numbered modules with an orange acrylic panel to match the ES-1/ES-2-2 modules. The ES-3 is expected to be available from February 2011. Pricing TBD. For more information, visit the ES-3 product page.