1. Go Tools > SONAR Plug-in Manager.
2. In the left pane, select the plug-in category containing the plug-ins you want to rename (or otherwise manage). Here, VST Instruments is selected.
3. Double-click on the name of the device you want to rename. A pop-up window appears with the name.
4. Enter the new name, then click OK.
5. To prevent a plug-in from appearing in the list of available plug-ins, click on it in the right pane, then click the Exclude button.
6. If you click on a plug-in and the Manage button is not grayed out, that means presets are available for renaming or deleting. Click Manage, then highlight the preset you want to rename or delete.