The Legendary microKORG and More!
Sharp new design with built-in speakers, increased memory, new sounds
microKORG-S starts with the legendary sound, layout and feature set that has made the microKORG a most wanted for nearly 15 years and adds a 2.1 speaker system with power that far exceeds its size, 64 all-new sounds (bank A) alongside the original 128 classic sounds (banks B and C) plus 64 user locations (bank D). In addition, the front panel features an eye-catching new white panel and maple wood ends..
“With serious sound and superior build quality, the microKORG analog modeling synthesizer became an instant world standard when it was released in 2002. The multitude of sound-musicians who gravitate to microKORG can now choose a version that needs no additional speakers, monitors, or other connections to play,” stated James Sajeva, Director of Technology Brands for Korg USA, Inc. “The program memory capacity has also been increased twofold, and we’ve added 64 all-new preset programs that further meet the needs of the modern musician, including clearly defined and punchy leads, electric pianos that sound great in an ensemble, and solid basses.”
microKORG-S offers all of the original microKORG's functionality, including the ease of selecting a program of a desired musical genre via it’s famous ‘Big Knob’. In true microKORG fashion, a four-band vocoder with an included miniature microphone, arpeggiator, five easy-edit knobs, and optional battery operation are all part of the package.
“As a beginner’s first synthesizer that's easy to use, as a supplementary live synth for the stage, or as for a tool for professional production, the microKORG and the new S version will continue to play a role in every music scene around for many years to come,” added Sajeva.
The microKORG-S will be available in September of 2016 for $499.99. To learn more visit www.Korg.com.
microKORG S Specifications
- Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Multi Timbres: 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- Structure: 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF)
- EG x2
- LFO x2
- Virtual Patch x4
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- Structure: 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- EG x1
- LFO x2
- 8 Channels vocoder
- Level and pan of each channel can be edited
- Formant Shift function
- 256 programs (192 Presets / 64 Users)
- Up to eight favorite programs can be registered
- Modulation effects: flanger / chorus, phaser, ensemble (3 types)
- Delay: stereo, cross, L/R (3 types)
- 6 types (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger), Step Arpeggiator function
- Real-Time control knob x5, Arpeggiator ON/OFF
- 37-keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- AUDIO IN 1 CONDENSER (with MIC/LINE switch, +5V, mini phone jack)
- AUDIO IN 1 DYNAMIC (with MIC/LINE switch, 1/4” phone jack)
- AUDIO IN 2 LINE (1/4” phone jack)
- L/MONO, R (1/4” phone jacks)
- Headphones (1/4” stereo phone jack)
- IN, OUT, THRU
Amp Output / Speaker:
- 3 W / 4 cm x 1, 0.5 W / 3.5 cm x 2
- 3 characters x1 line with 8 segment LED
- DC 9V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Approximately 4 hours or more (when using alkaline batteries)
Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 524 x 232 x 70 mm / 20.63" x 9.13" x 2.76"
- 2.5 kg / 5.51 lbs. (without batteries and included microphone)
- AC adapter (DC 9V), Condenser Microphone
- Soft Case: SC-micro-MSG
microKORG S New Presets (Bank A)
- A.11 Pump Stab, A.12 Plucky Synth, A.13 UniArpo, A.14 Complicados, A.15 Growler, A.16 Heroic Lead, A.17 AMxPM Synth, A.18 ClaviPhone
- A.21 TriStep Jag, A.22 Metallic Arp, A.23 Build Arp, A.24 Gnaw Bass, A.25 Stab Base, A.26 Child’s Play, A.27 Plane Lead, A.28 Space Cat
- A.31 PluckSyn, A.32 Crispy Lead, A.33 Birdy Synth, A.34 Peacebells, A.35 PanPolyfonic, A.36 Trills, A.37 Tasty Bath, A.38 Oscillation
- A.41 Nasty Bath, A.42 ScaryVoxBass, A.43 Bad Bass, A.44 Jaws’ Death, A.45 Angry Tiger, A.46 Lane Drive, A.47 Rampaging, A.48 RiseFall Arp
- A.51 Disco Bass, A.52 eF eM Bass, A.53 Whip Lead, A.54 Bad Stab, A.55 Tine E.Piano, A.56 eF eM Piano, A.57 VelFiltClav, A.58 Robot Mouth
- A.61 NewWave Bass, A.62 Classic Lead, A.63 Spaceship, A.64 Major Lead, A.65 Squ Rez Lead, A.66 Lofi Beep, A.67 Cerebellum, A.68 SimpleString
- A.71 Sickness, A.72 Light Gun, A.73 Transporter, A.74 Antiterror, A.75 Sweep Chord, A.76 Bruiser, A.77 Haus Chord, A.78 Love Parade
- A.81 Vox Chord, A.82 Singer, A.83 LadyVoyce, A.84 DemonVoyce, A.85 Crystalize, A.86 Chopping, A.87 Simple Echo, A.88 Coil Spring
* Bank B/C are the same as original microKORG Bank A/B.
* Bank D is User Programs.
* All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.