M-Audio®, a leading provider of creative tools for musicians, today announced distribution of the new M-Tron Pro virtual instrument from its software partner GForce. Building on the legacy of the original M-Tron, the M-Tron Pro software delivers hundreds of additional sounds, providing instant access to the distinctive tones popularized by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Moody Blues, Radiohead* and other luminaries.
The GForce M-Tron Pro 3.5GB sound library features over 200 tape banks (sample sets) including 19 of the original M-Tron tape banks, which have been remastered at London’s legendary Abbey Road Studios. The instrument also delivers 45 brand-new tape banks and over 700 patches, many created by professional recording artists and programmers. In addition, M-Tron Pro software features a whole new set of easy yet powerful editing controls and synth-type parameters—taking the Mellotron experience way beyond the original tape-playback keyboard.
"M-Tron Pro is a fantastic update for a vintage instrument, breathing new life into those classic sounds,” said keyboardist Mark Kelly of the progressive rock group Marillon.
“The M-Tron Pro is a vast improvement on the original M-Tron (which I loved),” remarked Terry Lawless, keyboardist and programmer for U2.
“GForce M-Tron Pro is the holy grail of classic ‘60s and ‘70s sounds,” said Adam Castillo, marketing director at M-Audio. “It offers customers a faithful reproduction of the classic Mellotron instrument, plus a powerful suite of digital sculpting tools and parameters. It’s perfect for musicians and producers who want to shape their own custom sounds—taking vintage inspiration into the future.”
- 200+ total tape banks (sample sets), including:
- 45 brand-new tape banks not found in the original M-Tron
- 19 tape banks from M-Tron virtual instrument, remastered at London’s legendary Abbey Road Studios
- over 40 looped tape banks
- over 3.5GB of samples total
- 700+ patches including many created by world-class recording artists and programmers
- up to 35 notes, each individually sampled
- dual layer and split keyboard operation
- programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn
- controllable via MIDI controllers such as the M-Audio Axiom® and Oxygen models
- 29 parameters per layer including synth parameters:
- vintage-style ensemble and delay effects
- low-pass, band-pass and high-pass resonant filter section
- tape reverse
- tape half speed
- dynamic keyboard control, including filter aftertouch
- supports standalone, RTAS® and VST on Windows XP/SP2, Vista 32, Vista 64
- supports standalone, RTAS, AU and VST on OSX 10.4.x, OSX 10.5.x
M-Audio is the exclusive worldwide distributor of M-Tron Pro software. The M-Tron Pro virtual instrument is currently expected to be available during the fourth quarter of 2008 at an MSRP of US$199.95.