For musicians, this year's Macworld presents the Music & Sound Experience, where novices and professionals alike can experience the latest tools, hands-on demonstrations, training, tips and techniques and learn from others who use Mac technology for business and for pleasure. Highlights from this year's conference and expo include:
•Interactive demonstrations, training, tips and techniques, from workstation software to editing, to sound cards to storage and organization, to digital instruments and more.
• Macworld's first-ever Music and Technology Symposium - Leading Mac musicians, producers, and technologists will share their technological insight and creative experience in a day-long, intensive event. Some of the cutting-edge and multi-talented artists participating in the symposium include: producer COUNT (DJ Shadow, Radiohead, Halou), guitarist Joe Gore (Tom Waits, PJ Harvey), producer/composer Walt Szalva of Planet-3 Studios (Neil Young, Paul McCartney), and musician, circuit bender, and writer Chachi Jones (Robotspeak, TapeOp).
• The Dream Studio - a state-of-the-art music studio filled with Mac hardware and software presented by Berklee College of Music, includes a self-guided tour, music production demonstrations and daily lectures by Berklee faculty.
• The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus--a mobile recording and multimedia studio that is loaded with state-of-the-art Mac equipment. Visitors will also be able to get hands on experience with the tools, including Logic, Final Cut Pro and the world's first USB guitar.
• In celebration of John Lennon Bus' 10th Anniversary, legendary singer, songwriter, and guitarist Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead will be on hand to sign copies of Come Together: The Official John Lennon Educational Tour Bus Guide to Music and Video. The book and accompanying DVD features the products and solutions found on the Lennon Bus, chronicles audio and video sessions recorded on board with students of all ages, and includes interviews with celebrated musicians like Bob who have worked on board.
• New tools, including Guitar Pro 5.1 - the new Windows/Mac hybrid version of the company's best-selling multi-track tablature and composition editor software for guitar, banjo and bass - complete tools for beginners and professionals to write scores, improve, compose and accompany themselves.
Please visit www.macworldexpo.com to learn more.