DJing on Android catches up to iOS with Cross DJ 2.0
The 1st pro DJ app on Android introduces its 2.0 version: Waveforms, separate tabs, key detection & synced sampler. Featurewise, the gap between DJing on Android and
iOS doesn't exist anymore.
This allnew view allows for better music visualization, scratching on the waveforms and accurate cuesetting. On top of that, 2 options provide advanced users with new actions:
- beatgrid editing directly on the waveform
- zoom with a simple pinch
A and B decks eventually gained their independence. A simple swipe gesture displays a different panel on the left and on the right. Adjust the EQs on one side, while applying an effect on the left. This enables you to create stunning combos that were never possible before on Android.
Cross DJ now detects the key of the tracks. This is useful for harmonic mixing, i.e. mixing tracks that sound well together.
Dedicated drum loops triggered on the sampler are now synchronized to the main decks. They play at the same BPM as the track currently playing. Best of all, this update brings 3 new soundbanks: FX Shot, Drum Loops and Drum Loops 2.
Pricing & availability
Full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mixvibes.crossdjapp
Free version - with IAPs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mixvibes.crossdjfree
Full version is $9.99 / 8,99 € / £6,99
Update is free for all current users.
• Accurate BPM detection of your music, down to the last decimal.
• Stable Sync: onepress, and the 2 tracks never go out of phase.
• Split Mono: Prelisten your music tracks before mixing them.
• Customizable, manual pitch range (4, 8, 16, 32, 100%) + progressive & manual pitch bend.
• Accurate Beatgrid editing: make any track sync properly.
• Quantize feature: hot cues and loops are automatically set on the beat.
• Smartseek: Tap on the waveform to fastforward & get a seamless jump.
• Automix: let Cross DJ mix your tracks and play music automatically, from any sources.
• External mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers.
• Low latency: music reacts instantly to your actions.
• Extremely realistic scratch sound as on real turntables.
• 15 effects (Bifilter, Lowpass, HiPass, Delay, Echo, Phaser, Flanger, Cut, Roll, etc.)
• Keylock mode: change BPM without affecting the tone.
• Key detection: detect the key of the songs and know which tracks sound good together.
• No load time when startingup the app.
• Autogain: automatically equalizes the levels of 2 tracks.
• 2 turntables, fullfledged 3band EQ mixer with DJM EQ preset.
• Sampler: 14 sample banks + possibility to record your own samples.
• Mix Soundcloud: Explore, play and mix all SoundCloud.
• New Waveform view: scratch & see the music + set cue accurately.
• New Separate tabs: swipe to display different panels on each side.
• Quantized loops: loops triggered with the sampler are synced to main player.
• Crossfader with 3 modes: cut, autofade, normal.
• Compatible with MP3s, AAC, FLAC and more.
• Multiple sorting options: sort your library by title, artist, album, BPM or length.
• Navigation by folder.
• Large control pads: XY effect pad, 16 hotcues pads.
• HQ live recording of your mixes.
• Optimized for mobile & tablet.
Minimum configuration required
• Android 4.1
• 4" screen, RAM 1GB, Dualcore processor
Mixvibes has been developing DJ apps for Mac/PC, iOS and Android for more than 10 years