Mixvibes ships today a major version of its iPad & iPhone DJ app, bringing in fresh graphics, a redesigned layout and an all-new waveform view. Each and every pixel has been redesigned with simplicity in mind. Cross DJ 2.0 is up for the task - in the true spirit of DJing.
Beautiful new interface.
Cross DJ for iOS new style is graphic and bold:
- new graphics: geometric shapes and clean textures have replaced gradients
- 2 main colors, consistent with Mixvibes graphic identity
- bold elements: bigger EQs, larger pads, full display of artwork on the decks
From a performance standpoint, the new interface brings those benefits:
- faster app runtime
- takes 2 times less space in your device: app size is 50% smaller
- scales harmoniously to iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus’ screens
Cross DJ for iOS layout has undergone some changes to offer an experience that is closer to what you can get with traditional hardware equipment:
- mixer is visible all the time (only on iPad)
- each deck is independent, thanks to swipeable separate tabs
- pitch bend zone is bigger - and more accurate - than ever
Introducing Waveform view.
Hit the sync meter to access this stunning new view. It allows not only better music visualization, but also greater control with:
- pitch-bend mode for nudging. Turn it off to scratch the waveform!
- ultra-accurate pitch sliders
- beat grid editing made simple: double or halve BPM with 1 button (iPad only)
Bonus: Numark IDJ Live 2 is now supported!
Pricing & availability
Cross DJ for iPad is 8,99€ / $9.99 / £6.99
Cross DJ for iPhone is 2,69€ / $2,99 / £1.99
Update is free for all current users.
Please note that both apps are available at a promotional price for a limited time only:
Cross DJ for iPad is 5,49 € / $5.99 / £3.99
Cross DJ for iPhone is 1,79 € / $1.99 / £1.49
• 2 decks, 3-band EQ, crossfader, realistic scratch, large pads & controls
• Mix SoundCloud: your SC account, in Cross DJ, for free. Fast loading of tracks
• iTunes integration: sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
• Waveform view: parallel waveforms for pitch-bending + advanced beat-grid editing
• Full-featured sampler: 8 pads, 12 sample banks + sample recording thru device’s mic
• Record your mix and share it to SoundCloud, Mixcloud, Facebook & Twitter
• Automix: your tracks are mixed automatically, from any source (playlist, album, etc.)
• Key detection of any track + accurate keylock
• Quantize mode: hot cues and loops are automatically set on the beat
• Separate tabs: each deck is independent
• 14 effects: Hi & Low-Pass, Echo, Phaser, Chopper, Brake, Roll, Delay, Flanger, etc.
• Plays MP3, AAC, WAV & AIFF
• Loops (16 to 1/32), slip loop, 12 large hot-cues pads
• Pitch: keylock, wide pitch range + pitch-bend on waveforms (2, 4, 8%)
• Autosync, Autogain
• Split audio: pre-listen tracks in your headphone
• External mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers
• Compatible with most Bluetooth speakers
• Multi-audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
• Optimized for Retina displays, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 plus
• 11 supported controllers (iPad only) : Mixvibes U-Mix Control Pro I & II, Pioneer DDJ-WeGo I, Numark Mixtrack Pro I & II, Numark iDJ Live I & II, Hercules DJ Console RMX 2, Hercules DJ Control Instinct, Hercules DJ Control AIR, Vestax Spin2
Mixvibes has been developing DJ apps for Mac/PC, iOS & Android for more than 10 years