Moog Music has announced a major update to Filtatron--the real-time audio effects engine and powerful studio tool, available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Recently featured in iTunes REWIND 2010 covering hot new trends in apps, Filtatron is already taking the music world by storm and this update propels it to new levels of musicality.
- Major upgrades to the Sampler - now you can import any song in your collection into the sampler, and record and play back samples of unlimited length.
- Pitch Lock feature for the VCO Pad - allows you to play a chromatic scale using the Filtatron oscillator.
- Route audio output to speaker, earpiece or Bluetooth - a new settings panel also allows you to set the sample rate, audio latency and control response rate.
Since its release in October 2010, Filtatron has found a home in a wide variety of musical settings. Its high audio quality and ease of use make it ideal for everything from studio-level sound design and processing to catching a few moments of creativity while you're waiting for your coffee.
The heart of the Filtatron is a four-pole resonant Moog Ladder Filter-meticulously modeled after the same filter that gives Moog instruments their classic warm, thick character. It musically shapes the sounds supplied by the Filtatron's on-board oscillator, sampler and line/microphone input.
Additional features include:
- Oscillator – A high-resolution, alias-free DSP oscillator with sawtooth and square waveforms, adjustable frequency from 0.3 Hz to 2kHz.
- FX Modules – Amp provides warm, smooth overdrive with feedback control. Delay can be modulated by its own LFO (with rate and depth controls) and delay time is smoothly interpolated for analog-style delay time tweaks.
- LFO – Five waveforms: sine, ramp, sawtooth, square, sample & hold, with crossfade and morph between adjacent LFO shapes.
- Envelope Follower – Uses the volume envelope of sound inputs to sweep the filter, with controls for amount and speed.
- Presets - Filtatron comes loaded with edgy presets to kick-start your sound.
- Record and Playback – All audio processed in stereo, 16bit, 44.1kHz resolution.
- File Sharing – Easily move audio files back and forth between the Filtatron and your computer. Built-in email function allows sharing presets with your Filtatron bandmates.
Filtatron on iTunes App Store
Filtatron featured in iTunes REWIND 2010 – Hot Trends In Apps
Filtatron product page
Moog Music website
Conversations on Twitter: #moog #synth #iphone #filtatron