EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. – MXL Microphones, a leading manufacturer of consumer and professional studio and live microphones, announces the release of its new Heritage Edition series microphones. The Heritage Edition honors the classic history of studio microphones through the release of alternate versions of MXL's most popular microphones- Genesis, Genesis FET, 990, V67g, R144 and V69m (MOGAMI Edition). Now styled in a polished silver finish with gold accents, each of the six Heritage Edition mics come packed in a premium flight case with an extended accessories kit specifically tailored to each mic.
- The Genesis-HE award-winning tube mic is famous for clean highs, warm mids and tight bottom-end.
- The Genesis FET-HE solid state condenser mic is worthy of bearing the Genesis name due its similar sound clarity in studio recordings.
- The V67g-HE large capsule condenser mic is popular for vocals and instruments due to its detailed, clear sound recordings.
- The V69m-HE, internally wired throughout with premium MOGAMI cable, the V69m's 12AT7 dual-triode tube delivers warm, rich vintage tone.
- The R144-HE classic ribbon microphone excels at recording instruments, specifically strings and horns, and delivers a reliable rich and detailed sound.
- The 990-HE has become one of the most famous condenser mics of all time, known for silky-sweet high-end with tight, solid low- and mid-ranges.
The Heritage Edition microphones celebrate MXL’s history of technical expertise and commitment to sound excellence over the last 20 years. All six of the Heritage Edition microphones were originally designed and engineered in El Segundo, California by MXL founder Leonard Marshall.
The MXL Heritage Edition microphones will be displayed at NAMM booth #6820, and are available now through MXL and select music equipment retailers. Heritage Edition series microphones will be available for testing at our listening stations on location at NAMM.
About MXL Microphones:
MXL is a leading manufacturer of consumer and professional audio products for the music recording, broadcast, post, production, and live sound markets. MXL is a division of Marshall Electronics, Inc., headquartered in El Segundo, CA.