UNIVERSAL AUDIO INTRODUCES NEW
APOLLO EXPANDED SOFTWARE FOR 2015
–– Powerful new software provides “mix and match” operation between Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo audio interfaces, new UAD plug-ins, and a reimagined Console 2.0 interface with more than 25 user-requested features ––
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 22, 2015 — Universal Audio is proud to announce Apollo Expanded software, coming exclusively for Apollo audio interfaces as part of UAD Software v8.0, to be released in March 2015. With Apollo Expanded, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can freely combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows.
Apollo Expanded also marks the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options, with more than 25 new user-requested features.
Apollo Expanded — Key Features:
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Simple Thunderbolt cable connection between units
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity
Console 2.0 Software — Key Features:
- New high-resolution / Retina-compatible 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos
- Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
- Numerous monitoring improvements including Alternate Monitors, new Control Room functions, and enhanced headphone cue management
- New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
- Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
- Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
- Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters
Apollo Expanded is part of upcoming UAD Software v8.0, which, in addition to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility, also adds all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform. Following are the new UAD v8.0 plug-ins:
Sound Machine® Wood Works® Plug-In — $299
- Lets acoustic guitar piezo pickups sound like a studio-miked acoustic
- Get rich acoustic sounds in noisy environments or when high-quality miking is not possible
- Re-voice the source guitar’s resonance and acoustic properties live or at mixdown
- Freedom to re-mic during mixing, changing and adding microphones as needed
UA Distortion Essentials Plug-In Bundle — $249
- Features the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808, Raw Distortion™ (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda Triangle (based on the early 70s-era) Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins*
- Harnesses Unison™ technology to precisely emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes
Antares Auto-Tune Live Plug-In — $249
- Realtime pitch correction and manipulation with iconic Auto-Tune effect
- Incredibly low latency for instant response, onstage or in the studio
Friedman Amplifiers Plug-In Collection by Brainworx — $249
- Includes spot-on emulations of the industry-leading Friedman DS40 and Friedman BE100 guitar amplifiers
- Audition 66 different Recording Chains to match the perfect tone to the part
- Fine-tune sounds with an onboard FX Rack that includes a noise gate, EQ filter controls, and host-syncable lo-fi delay
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo Audio Interfaces
For more information on Apollo Expanded software, please visit:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo Thunderbolt/FireWire Audio Interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt/Firewire audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.
©2015 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
* The Raw Distortion™ plug-in is not affiliated with, sponsored, nor endorsed by any companies currently using the "Pro Co" name. The Pro Co name, as well as the Rat model name, is used solely to identify the classic pedal emulated by Universal Audio. The Bermuda Triangle plug-in is not affiliated with, sponsored, nor endorsed by any companies currently using the "Electro-Harmonix" name. The Electro-Harmonix name, as well as the Big Muff Pi model name, is used solely to identify the classic pedal emulated by Universal Audio.