The Native Instruments Battery 3.1 update is now available for free download. On the Mac, it requires an Intel Mac and Mac OS X 10.5 (or later).
Main new and improved features:
- Vintage Emulations: As of version 3.1, you can emulate the sound characteristic of the two vintage drum machines MPC60 and SP-1200, with four different settings from 'low' to high.' You may apply individual settings to every single cell.
- Improved MIDI Learn: Battery 3.1 features an improved MIDI Learn function for all automatable sliders and knobs. It is applied by clicking the right mouse button/ctrl-click, making assigning MIDI controllers a breeze.
- Mac OS X: 64-bit support for Audio Unit and standalone version.
- Multiprocessor support to deliver even better performance on modern Multiprocessor systems.
- Loading Behavior: You can now set the desired loading behavior in Battery when double-clicking a loadable file in the Browser View Tab, to adjust it to your personal workflow.
- Improved Samples Missing Dialog: The Samples Missing dialog now remembers your selection of the search folder for subsequent appearances. This is especially useful if numerous Battery Kits or a host project have been moved to a different folder, normally resulting in multiple Samples Missing dialogs. Now you only have to specify the new search folder once.